Christmas Special

Sorry I haven't updated this story in the longest time! To be honest, my Sonic x Reader is so close to being completed that I was focusing all my time on that. However, I won't be finished in a while unless I kick my writing into high speed. Anyways!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope you all enjoyed your time together with family, and I hope this update is a good enough gift to you guys!! This chapter doesn't fall into the story timeline; its more like a one-shot or a drabble. Jerry will also have his memory back, so...YAY!!! Enjoy!!

Even though the lights were off in the vet clinic that Christmas Eve night, rodents alike were still running amok in the walls of the establishment. As the cats and dogs rested in their kennels, mice were getting ready to refer life-saving surgery. As some animals were resting by the fireplace in their furnished homes, rats were delivering medicine to their patients. After all, it was a hospital; a place that must always be on its toes and glowing with life.

You sat in you office, your long day at work was finally taking it's toll on your feet. You tossed your stethoscope on the counter before slipping your rear into your cushioned desk chair. You had to work until midnight another thirty minutes to go. While you were used to working long shifts into the night, you didn't expect so many patients during the Christmas season. You simply watched the clock slowly tick away its time. Just a little longer, and you can be done for the night. You laid your head onto your desk; you didn't know how many more patients you could take.

Suddenly, your phone rang. At first, you didn't want to pick it up. However, it was your job to pick up the phone and worry about the health of your patients. To avoid the phone would mean breaking the doctor's creed, and losing your career. Not exactly the best thing to do so close to Christmas. You picked up the phone, hearing a female receptionist on the other side.

"Hey, Dr. (L/N). We got a patient for you in room 7. Young boy mouse with an upset stomach."

"Sounds easy enough," you muttered to yourself. "What's the name?"

"Nibbles," the receptionist answered. "Brought in by Jerry Mouse."

With that, you quickly laid the phone on the machine and grabbed your stethoscope. You ran at a quick pace down the halls. You caught the eye of various doctors and patients as you dashed down the halls. Many people probably thought you had a dying patient, or was running about to keep yourself awake. While you were concerned about the young mouse's health, you were rushing for a completely different reason: Jerry.

It was two months ago when you were able to restore the famous mouse's memory. The two of you did stay connected, via email or even in person. However, you hadn't heard much from him in a while, and you felt concerned. A part of your mind forced you to think negatively. Maybe he was hurt when facing an evil cat. What if his memory loss had somehow relapsed? Could it be possible that he simply didn't have enough time for you? These thoughts had filled your mind recently, but now that you know that Jerry was in the facility, you wouldn't have to worry as much. You could even talk to him about hanging out sometime; if you could muster the strength and not stutter.

You knocked on the door before entering. You greeted the room members with a common smile, one that you had to wear whenever on the job. Immediately, you noticed the green color on Nibbles face. The poor mouse was clutching his stomach as a taller, older brown mouse rubbed his back in support. Jerry looked up, and immediately locked onto your eyes. You froze, only able to stare back into his. A small, kind smile crept onto Jerry's face. Your heart started facing, you began to feel your face heat up. No way would you be able to muster the courage to talk to Jerry. It was only when the young mouse groaned in pain that you focused your attention on your job.