A Prince's Decendant

MARIGOLD
************
It's been a week since I heard the bad news about my parents. I admit, I'm still feeling a little bad, but much better then before.

Erin left the tower for his daily visit to the village again, so I'm here all alone. I'm sitting in bed, eating a bag of chips, and watching T.V. I'm never allowed to act like this. When Erin's gone, this is my only chance to act unladylike!

After Erin left the house about an hour ago, I heard the door open. I hid the bag of chips under my bed and came downstairs.

"Erin, how are Dylan and Roxanne doing?" I asked as he came in. He took off his coat and frowned at me.

"No 'Welcome back,' for me?" He asked as I came down the stairs. I sighed.

"Yea, yea, welcome back, now how are the two?" I asked. He frowned again and raised an eyebrow. "What? I'm worried about them!"

He growled. "Those two are fine, their scratches have been healed and are healthily eating,"

"That's great!" I said happily. "I'm glad those two are fine," I saw Erin stare at me angrily. "What..?" I asked.

"Are those chip crumbs on your face?" He asked. Uh-oh.

He stomped up to my room, me following behind him, feeling like a dog with its tail between it's legs. And just like that, he threw his hand under my bed and found the bag of chips. "Might you explain what this is?" He said, enraged.

After a little lecture from Erin, we ate some lunch and I came up to my room. Without any chips. There, I felt somewhat sleepy, so I took a quick nap. When I woke up, it was already midnight, and someone covered me with a blanket. It was most likely Erin came into my room at some point.

I sat in bed and watched a little T.V. Some little cartoon was playing when I heard a knocking from outside. I jumped out of my bed and turned off the T.V. I listened to the voice and the sounds coming from outside. There was someone out there.

A light shone outside my window, and I could hear knocking. Could they know I was here? Maybe it was a villager. But I'm not allowed to go outside alone, I don't know what to do. Yet curiosity got the best of me, and I opened the window to reveal a man.
I jumped. At least 2 meters in the air. The man was shocked too, I'm pretty sure he almost fell. I don't recognize him from the village, and even if he was a Tizian man, I helped him climb into my room.

"Woah," He said. "I didn't really expect someone to be here,"

He was pretty handsome, possibly the same age as Erin. Brown hair, hazel eyes. There was something about this man that drew me to him. And I think I know what.

"Could you possibly be the prince's descendant?" I asked him. "The prince from the story Rapunzel I mean,"

"Yes, I am," He replied, in awe like me. "And you, are you her descendent? Rapunzel's descendant," He guessed.

"Yes," I replied. We were both silent for a period of time. I wasn't really scared, more like a different feeling. I wonder what it is?

ERIN
*****

It's midnight, and I can hear the princess doing something in her room. Is she awake and watching T.V again? I told her many times before that's unladylike.

Here I am, reading a book about spells in my room. More noises echoing from upstairs. I sighed and flipped a page. After I finish this chapter, I should go up and check on her.

MARIGOLD
************

"Who are you?" I asked the strange man in my room. He looked around curiously. He doesn't look poor, nor rich. He most certainly can't be a guard without armor or a sword.

"I am Logan. I was just on a walk around our country when I saw this tower. Being so curious, I climbed up," He said. Erin makes the door invisible when he's not around and at night, poor guy he to climb. "I didn't think you'd be living here,"

So he is from the village? He must be new, not knowing I lived here. Either way, I greeted him just the same. "I am Marigold, nice to meet you," I said.

"Pleasure to meet you lady Marigold," Peter said. Lady? No one's ever called me that before.

"Could you tell me what you are doing, taking a walk at night?" I asked politely.

"Oh, as you know, our country is at war," He told me. I nodded in response. "I was just making sure no one from the rival country is doing anything suspicious. That's when I came here,"

"You were going to the neighboring country?" I asked, surprised. "That's very dangerous,"

"Nonsense," Peter said, smiling. And confidently, he added, "Their village is weak compared to ours, it's safe," I smiled too.

"Is anyone else with you?" I asked.

"Just a few men," He replied. "We're just going to capture a few men and come back to the village,"

"Are you sure about that?" I asked. "Kidnapping people?" My parents were kidnapped, I'm sure it wouldn't be good if he did the same.

"Our country is at war, we need as many men as we can in case of an attack," He said seriously. It did make sense, but still...

"Oh, sorry to disturb you in your sleep, I'll be on my way," He said before I could say anything.

"Oh, goodbye," I said.

"Hey," he said quietly. "Do you think I could see you again? I don't know, somehow I feel drawn to you,"

"Yes, I'd love some company," I said cheerfully. Then he left with a wave, and I crawled back into bed to sleep.

ERIN
******

I opened the door to her room with her rustling in bed. I walked in and sat on her bed, where she looked at me.

"Hey, I heard some noise up here, you okay?" I asked.

"Of course!" She told me. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh, maybe the neighboring country at war came and attacked you in your sleep or something," I teased.

"As if that'd happen," She told me, pushing my arm a little.

"I'm just worried you know," I told her, giving her a little smile. "We aren't that far away from them you know. And you are the princess I protect after all,"

She blushed a little, which only happens on the rare occasions I embarrass her. "Jeez, stop saying stuff like that! That's do embarrassing!"

"Just saying the truth," I said, smirking. "I do adore my little princess here,"

She giggled. "Yea, I guess I adore you too Erin. Even though you can be a pain in the butt at times, I care for you," She laughed happily. I stopped.

"Well, goodnight," I told her, walking out the door as quickly as I can.

"'Nighty night!" she replied. And I closed the door behind me.

This is bad. I held my hand to my chest and gripped. My heart was beating was too fast, slow down!  A servant like me must never have these feelings. These feelings that I held inside of me for 12 whole years.

And I never intend to let them loose.