Spells

ERIN
******
Today is the day I'll use one if my more powerful spells. It's sunrise, I can see it through the small crack in these stone walls. I stare through the crack, daydreaming. Should I really do this? I used this spell only once before, because it's a drastically powerful spell.

This spell allows my conscious to move around freely instead of being stuck in this jail cell. No one can see me. My body will still be stuck here, sitting in this corner like always. The only bad side is, this spell causes me major bleeding and headaches afterwards. And it only lasts an hour. Any longer can cause me death.

With this, I'll be able to see Princess Marigold again.

I cast the spell on myself, making sure I'm saying every word correctly. The pain of separating my conscious from my body is little compared to my desire to see the princess again.

My conscious slides away from my body. I open my eyes. When I look at my hand, their white and pale, just like a ghost. I turn behind me to look at my body. Yes, still sitting in the corner. I look like I'm sleeping.

I slide my hand through the bars. My hand goes through it, and so does my body. I look at the guard sitting in front of my cell. I wave my hand in front of his face. I even tried slapping him, instead going through him like a ghost too. Nope, my plan is perfect.

I don't feel a thing, not unless someone (Peter) starts attacking my real body. I start walking up the stairs. I wonder where Princess Marigold is. But I can probably take a guess.

The tower. I saw it outside, when they transferred me from the carriage to this cell, a month ago. That's the most likely place where the princess would be. I feel a little disappointed though. She won't be able to see me and know that I'm fine with only my conscience present. Though I need to make sure she's safe even more.

I climb up the dungeon stairs as quick as I can. I never realized that there were so many. Once I reach the top, there were many guards around, more then normal. Was today a festival or something? Never mind that, I think the tower was to the left.

I was right about that. The tower was tall and beautiful, very different from the tower where Princess Marigold and I used to live. I hurry up the steps. I already used ten minutes of my time, and that's very important when you have an hour limit.

I reach the top of the tower. It was quite a climb, longer than I expected. Once I reach the top, I saw at least ten guards, all standing in front of a door. I can easily say the Princess is in there. But I don't think she's the only one in there.

I phase through the door, and once again, I was correct. Princess Marigold was in there... with Peter. She was on the floor, looking upset and sulking. To be more exact, she was throwing a tantrum. But at least she looks healthy, like Peter said. But Peter also looks upset for some reason. I stood in front of the door, watching them.

"I want to go back to the tower!" Princess Marigold whined. "Let me go, let me go, let me go!" She's acting just like a baby, something she would do, of course.

"It's kind of funny," Replied Peter. "You do this every single day,"

"Then...you should let me go so I won't complain anymore?" Marigold pleated, putting on her cutest face.

"In your dreams," Peter said, smiling at her. He really looks happy around her, even when she's sulking like this.

"Ok, so I can't go back to the tower...so..." Princess Marigold started to say.

"So you can't see Erin either! Isn't that great?" Peter said sarcastically. The princess didn't reply. Slowly, she started to grimace.

"Why noooooottt?!" She whined. "It's been too long, you can't expect me to NOT be worried about Erin," She told him. I guess what he said about her missing me was true. In a way, I feel kind of happy. But also, upset. Didn't I tell her not to be worried about me? I'd pinch her right now if I could.