True to Myself

MARIGOLD
**************

"It was nice while it lasted," I say, holding out my hand towards the King of Tiza, who took it in return and smiled kindly at me.

"By that, if you mean stuck in a basement for months, it was soooo great," Erin said sarcastically. I nudged his side and glared at him. In which, he returned a nonchalant smile that only got me angrier.

Today we leave Tiza and return back to Zenel. We stand outside with a few carriages waiting to take us back. My family, along with Erin, stand in front of Peter and his parents.

There was a huge party for our departure yesterday evening. So the goodbyes from the Tizians are all done. All who were present here were of the royal family (and Erin).

"Come back soon," Peter's mother said to mine, who were both shaking hands frantically while bouncing up and down like school girls. "It was a blast to be with you,"

"I never knew we had so much in common!" My mother replied, also excited. The fathers were also laughing and playfully punching each other on the arm. Surprisingly, even though we fought from before I was even born, who knew they got along so well?

The parents were conversing away while us teens stood and watched. We weren't leaving for a while, not with the parents still chirping away like birds. Peter turned to look at me, as did I look at him. He smiled at me, and said, "I hope there's no hard feelings. To both of you," He added, nodding at Erin.

"Of course not," I say.

But of course, Erin growled and said, "You would come downstairs and attempt to murder me all while threatening me about Marigold and adding comments about how I was a stupid wizard who cast some sort of love spell on my Princess! I'll never forgive you!"

Peter backed away a little, obviously feeling guilty. Erin smirked that evil smile again, and said, "Did you really believe me? I'm quite sarcastic you know," Earning a punch from me.

Realizing it was a joke, Peter laughed it off. "And Marigold," Peter said, looking at me this time.

"Princess Marigold," Erin warned.

"Y-Yes, Princess Marigold," He said. Then suddenly, he pulled Erin closer, wrapped an arm around his neck, and said while pointing a finger at Erin,"If this guy tries to hurt you or makes you unhappy in any way, be sure to come to me! I'll do everything I can to help you!"

"Get off me, stupid prince," Erin said, struggling away from Peter. I laughed. In a way, Peter was the nicest guy around. When he doesn't have bad intentions of course.

"Marigold, Erin, we should be going now," My mother said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded, and we started hopping onto the carriage.

But before I got on, I stopped and looked back at Peter, who in return, gave me a strange look. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I smiled. "Peter, I don't think of you of a lover, but I do think of you as the perfect older brother," I tell him loudly. He was surprised, but I watched him as he showed me a tender smile. No longer fake. I felt myself smile too.

"Are you just gonna stand there smiling or get in?" Erin told me, who was waiting for me to get in.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming," I said, climbing into the carriage with the assistance of Erin. We took off, and I got my last view of Tiza through the window before they faded through the horizon.

It wasn't until then that I noticed my parents weren't in the carriage. "Where are my parents?" I asked Erin, who was sitting opposite of me.

"In a separate cart," He replied earnestly.

"Why?"

"Because I wanted some alone time with you in which they were happy to cooperate," Erin replied with an evil yet devilishly handsome smirk.

"What?!" I emphasized. Those stupid parents! I can't believe they let me be alone with this guy!

"Well, don't you have something to say to me?" Erin asked.

"Like what?"

"Oh, I don't know," He replied. "Maybe something revolving around your deep love for me?" He teased.

"T-That's mean!" I said, blushing. "Don't talk about that!"

"Why ever not?" He said in a mocking tone.

"It's embarrassing," I said simply.

"It's not embarrassing," Erin said, smirking and obviously enjoying himself. "I love you,"

"S-Seriously?" I asked, surprised. He nodded. "Since when?"

"I don't know. A few years ago maybe...?" Erin said while pondering. "At least since you were 11,"

"That long?" I said, surprised. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, for one, I am of lower standards then you as I am your caretaker, and you should be with someone of royalty," Erin told me. "Plus...It's embarrassing..." Erin said, looking away.

"See! I told you!" I yelled.

"Well, that's not the point, is it?" Erin said, leaning closer to me. "The point is I want to hear you say it too,"

"No way!" I argued, blushing.

"Yep," He said, smiling at me. "I said it, now you,"

"You're so mean..." I say, cowering in the corner if the carriage.

"Yes, yes, I know," He replied, still leaning forward.

"I... love you," I said while avoiding his gaze, but before I could say anything else, he sealed my lips in a tender kiss.

He backed away, leaving me blushing like a tomato. He smiled again, enjoying the fact that I'm blushing so much. "Y-You're so sadistic," I stutter.

"I know, but you love this sadistic, evil personality of mine, don't you?" He chuckled.

"I do," I tell him shyly, hiding my face behind the window curtains.

That's when I peek out the window. My eyes widen as I recognize the scenery, the people. We're back in Zenel. It felt like forever. I start crying out of happiness.

I'm home.