Prison

MARIGOLD

************

"Good morning Princess Marigold," Peter said, looking happy, coming into my room with a big serving of breakfast again,"

I turned my head towards Peter and glared, surprising him a bit. "Meany, jerk, kidnapper," I yelled at him out loud.

"S-Sorry..." He said, somewhat shocked. He went over to the table and placed my breakfast there.

"When will you-"

"When will I let you out?" Peter finished for me. "When will I let you go back to your citizens, to your tower, and everything will be happy again?" I was silent and slightly surprised as he turned his head away from me. "I don't know,"

It's no surprise he said that. It's all I've been asking.

"I've been stuck here for about 5 months now, when can I go-"

"Home?" He finished for me again.

"To the tower," I told him, slightly upset with how he keeps interrupting me.

I never once thought of it as home. The castle is my home, the tower is temporary to me. Simply, it's like I'm staying at a hotel with a magic butler.

"Where is Erin?" I asked. "Is he safe? I want to see him,"

He gave me a pained look. "Did that spell work that much? Do you really love him that much that you'd hurt the feelings of someone in front if you? I confessed to you, didn't I? Didn't I tell you I love you?"

I couldn't say anything. Yes, it's true I want to see Erin. But have I ever wanted to see him this badly? What's wrong with me? Peter's right, I AM acting as if I love him. As I always asked when I could go home, Erin is the topic I'd always asked next.

I couldn't say anything to defend myself. Peter saw how I couldn't respond and saddened. I saw the hurt in Peter's face as he walked out of my room. I crouched on the floor, saddening myself.

ERIN

******

"Ouch..." I said as the boy Peter kicked me around. Hurt and anger flashed in his face. I don't even want to know what happened.

"Why...why is it you?" Peter grumbled. "I blame you for all this," He told me.

"Figures you'd do that," I told him, earning another kick. I couldn't help myself from saying that. "Don't thrash your anger out on me, I didn't do anything!" I yelled at him.

"You did plenty of horrible things already," Peter growled at me. "Marigold..."

"Princess?" I said, surprised. He rarely talked about her anymore, to keep me from wanting to see her.

Don't get me wrong, he did talk about her a lot before. For the first couple weeks, it seemed like he was bragging about every single detail. I did enjoy it a bit. Not the bragging, but the fact I can hear that Princess Marigold is safe. But then he realized. Talking about her would give me false hope. So he suddenly stopped talking about her completely to stop giving me hope.

But it's too late, I already have hope.

Peter glared at me once more. "Tell me how to break the spell," He growled.

"I can't tell you if there is no spell," I said. He turned away from me, mumbling something under his breath. He doesn't know about my mind reading spell, does he?

"Of course there is a spell! Why else would she be in love with you?" Peter yelled at me. "Why else would she be asking about you every single day?"

"She asks about me?" I ask, surprised.

He scoffed. "Every day. She wants to know how you are, and of course I tell her your fine to avoid her from worrying," he sighed. "But thats not the point, the point is that she loves you, the reincarnation of the witch who kidnaped her,"

"She doesn't love me," I reply truthfully. "Think about it, I've been living with her all this time. Not only that, but I've been with her from birth. I'm her family wizard, her friend," And her caretaker... "It's only natural she's worried about me," I tell him.

It seems to have gotten through him. He started thinking, and nodded. "I guess that makes sense..." He told me.

"So...does that mean I can see her now?" I asked, trying to sound sweet.

He glared at me. "In your dreams, stupid wizard!" And slammed the cage doors on me. I sat there in awe.

Even princes have worries. Nevertheless, tomorrow I'm going to check on how the princess is doing, using one of the more powerful spells of course. The prince can't stop me from doing everything.