Tiza

MARIGOLD

**************

I sit in the middle of the floor, looking down. Knocks resonate on my door. I don't look up to see who opens it, because I already knowing who it is.

"How are you Princess Marigold?" Peter asked, slowly opening the door to this grand room, also known as my prison.

"I'm fine," I say. I take a peek at him. He carries a huge serving of chicken, mashed potatoes, and a chocolate cupcake. "My dinner," I think to myself. He sets it on a table a few feet away from me and comes to sit down next to me. I don't say anything. Neither of us do.

I would have never guessed that Peter was the prince of Tiza, not a bit. When I first met him, he was dressed in dirty clothes. Now he's dressed in beautiful clothing, fit for a prince like himself.

I've been sitting alone in this room with only Peter visiting me. It's a grand room, with a lot of things to do. But it still feels like a prison. It has no windows, and the only door is locked from the outside. I hate it here. It has been days since I've seen Erin. Erin. I wonder if their treating him alright.

Immediately, when we got here, I was put into another tower. The last time I saw Erin was handcuffed, pushed around. Angry, miserable, yet serious about something. I saw the guards take him down the stairs, deeper into the castle. While I for one, was sent high up into a tower. One far larger then the one I lived in. I can't even remember how many steps I took.

"So, how are you?" Peter asked, making an attempt at conversation.

"Good," I reply, even though it's a lie. He knows it is too, and quiets.

We both don't say anything until he makes another attempt, saying, "You know, this room can be very lonely," Oh, how that's the truth. "If you want, I could get you something. Anything you want, just name it!"

"To get out of this room," I immediately said. Maybe too fast. Peter was a bit awestruck and quieted down.

"I'm sorry," He said, truly apologetic. "I can't let you leave, not until we settle things with the wiz- er, Erin," He coughed the last part, probably remembering my screaming from a few days ago.

"I told you so many times, I'm not under a spell!" I told him, louder then my usual voice. "I want to leave this place and get back to my normal life,"

He wasn't surprised by my sudden outburst. I quieted down, going through my thoughts. Peter patted my head, and got up. That was the signal he was leaving. That was also the moment I realized how lonely I really was. I started crying, thinking of how I'm going to be alone in this dark room again. But I didn't say anything, and he started walking towards the door.

"See you tomorrow, Princess Marigold," Peter said quietly. "I hope you get over that spell," he walked out the door and closed it behind him. I heard him lock it from the outside.

"I told you I'm not under a spell..." I whispered while sobbing. This dark room, this empty room. I want Erin to come. Soon.

PETER

*********

I opened the door to the dungeon, peering in. He's here, as usual. Sitting in the farthest, darkest corner from the door. Eyes peering up at me, angry shown in them just by hearing my voice. I sighed and walked in, saying "I brought you your dinner again,"

The wizard, Erin, looked at it. Not at all looking tired or worn-out. In fact, he looked fit, as if he's been having a meal everyday.

But he hasn't. This is his first meal in two days.

But I know he's suffering on the inside, even if he doesn't show it. It'll just be a matter of time before he starts kneeling at my feet.

We don't say anything for a very long time. I watched him pick at his food, as if he's afraid it would be poisoned. Geez, I'm not that cruel. Finally, he grumbles, "When will you Tiza jerks let me out?"

"Not for a very long time," I say. Now that I know he's alive, I started walking out the door.

"Wait!" Erin said, stopping me. I looked into his eyes. His red eyes that burn like fire. I look away, not able to bear the sensation. "How is Princess Marigold?" He asked. "You better be treating her right,"

"Of course we are," I say, slightly offended. "Your princess is fit and healthy. We've been giving her the best food this kingdom has to offer and she looks rather happy,"

ERIN

*******

Lies. All lies. I read his mind just now. She's not happy, she's crying. She's crying, right now. I think she's waiting for me.

By looking into his eyes, I can see the lies in his words. I can also see his memories. He saw her, just a moment ago. But as he left, she was crying. I feel a flash of anger running through my bones.

He left her alone, sitting on the floor, weeping.

I stop looking into his memories. My head hurts, pain runs through my body. I looked too long into his head.

I could easily use a spell to break out of this prison. I can do it, right now. But at the same time, I can't. Every spell comes with a price. The stronger the spell, the stronger the lost I receive.

Princess, please give me time. I promise I'll be by your side soon enough. All I need is a little time. But I can't rush, I need to wait for the right moment. In the meantime, please wait for me.

PETER

*********

"Can I go now?" I say. He's quiet for a minute, but finally nods his head. I look into his eyes, just for a moment. His head is towards me, but his eyes weren't even close. He has that serious look on his face again. He's deep in thought, probably not even realizing I'm in the room. I leave, not even caring. I locked the door behind me, and started ascending the stone stairs.

How will I solve this? To get rid of that wizard, to make Marigold fall for me.