Home

MARIGOLD
************

We raced down the road, away from Tiza.  After our kidnapping, it was a miracle that we made it back safe and sound.

When we got back, everyone from the village was waiting for our arrival. We stared at the magnificent crowd formed in front of us, cheering louder as soon as we came into their views. Were there always this many people?

The door of the carriage opened, and Erin got off first. "Back off," He barked at the crowd. "Make way for the royal family." He huffed a loud sigh, knowing the pain he will have to go through for the next few hours. Or days. After making sure it's safe, he signaled my parent's driver to come down, and allowed him to open the door for my parents.

The crowd, although reluctant, backed away to form a small circle. The person driving my parents immediately opened the door after Erin's order, revealing my parents. He held their hands and led them down the invisible walkway, gracefully and serenely.

I was envious of my parents at that point. Not in a bad way, but I could never be as serene as they could have been at this moment.  Although perhaps I may be able to someday.

I looked down from my carriage, expecting my driver to do the same. But instead, next to the door was Erin.

We looked into each other's eyes, something I couldn't exactly do ever since realizing my feelings towards him.  He smiled ever so warmly at me.  He held out his hand for me to take.

Reluctantly, I took his hand as he led me down the steps of the carriage. I felt my ears turn bright red from embarrassment.

"That's unusual..." Erin murmured in my ear.

"What is?" I asked, immediately regretting my annoying curiosity. It is Erin after all.

He gave me a wicked smile before answering. He leaned into my ear.  Slowly and bluntly, he told me in a soft voice, "You're shy."

I furiously hit him over and over again as fast as I could. But of course, he blocked every single one of my hits, while sticking his tongue out one might add. He smiled victoriously while holding my angry fists and leaned in.

Too close for comfort.

I started blushing bright red again.  He's doing this on purpose! In front of the crowd!

It was then I noticed the crowd was unusually silent...

There was a large group in the crowd of citizens that surprised me by picking me off my feet and carrying me away, leaving the rest of the crowd utterly shocked. One person, a man, yelled back, "We'll be taking the royal family for a while!" I was shocked, and started screaming for them to put me down.

Erin, who was as shocked as I was, grew angry and yelled, "Hey! You fools better put her down right now!" And started running after us.

I looked around confused and being carried by my citizens. At some point, my parents were also kidnapped by this large crowd while I wasn't paying attention. I saw my mother flustered, and my father screaming commands.  They too were looking as confused as I was. I couldn't hear Erin's voice over the large crowd, and felt helpless as I was carried to somewhere unknown.  We were soon carried to the front gates of a castle.

Castle?

I glanced over my surroundings. This...is where the castle was destroyed twelve years ago. My home, it's been rebuilt!

Even more eager then before at the sight of the castle just in front of them, the crowd sped into the castle and into a huge dining room. They sat us at the table, set fancy with decorations and candles, and started running amuck bringing just as fancy food.