Pride

MARIGOLD
************

I woke up this morning to the glorious chirping of birds. A song of peace and harmony. I rustled around, then got out of bed. Downstairs, I found Erin already making breakfast.

"How strange," Erin said as I walked to the table. He pulled out a chair for me. "You don't usually wake up by yourself, are you ill perhaps?" He asked, grinning.

"Ha! I can wake up by myself too you know," I told him.

He piled my plate with food. "Tell that to the past 12 years," He told me, again making me angry.

After I finished eating, I helped Erin wash the dishes. When that was done, he told me he was going out today too. "Can I come along?" I asked Erin.

"You should stay here today," He told me. "I don't know what can happen to you,"

"It's safe, it's all fine!" I told him. "Please?" I pleaded.

Finally he gave up and threw me a jacket. I made sure it matched my clothes this time. "Fine, come along,"

After a while, I got tired. "Are we there yet?" I asked.

"It's been 5 minutes..." He told me. "You should really work out more,"

"You never let me leave the castle!" I argued, punching him on the arm.

It takes about 30 minutes for us to travel from the tower to the village. It's also the same amount to travel from the tower to Tiza. Being so close to each other and them having more defenses, Erin takes charge of everything. He's a busy guy...

Once we arrived, villagers started to swarm the two of us. Erin stood in front of me. "Stop the ruckus," he told the villagers. "What's going on here?"

"Erin, Erin," Said one of the male villagers. "2 men have been kidnapped as of last night," He told us.

"What?" Erin said, shocked. "What happened?" This worried me. Was it Peter, whom I met last night and his 2 friends?

"We don't know if it's Tiza who's done it, but we do know 2 men are missing," He told Erin.

"Do you have any of their belongings?" Erin asked. Some people in the crowd nodded and led us towards a small hut, where a woman and her 2 children sat, crying.

"Are you okay?" I asked once I saw the family.

"He's gone, daddy's gone..." Said one of the children. "Where's my daddy?"

It pained me to see this crying child. At this point, I was willing to say anything. "Don't worry, your daddy will come back soon," I told the child, smiling.

I turned around and saw some men leading Erin into a room. I got up and followed them. It looked like a bedroom, only poorer.

One little man brought us a shirt in a dresser. "This was one of his shirts," He told Erin. Erin took it from the man's hand and examined it. Then, he went to the bed and spread it out gently.

"What are you going to do?" I asked as he put a hand on the dirty shirt.

"I can find out someone's location by using one of their belongings," He told me, sighing. He somehow looks sad. Probably because of the missing men. This certainly hasn't happened before. Unless if Erin kept it secret from me, but he would never do that. I trusted the man.

I heard whispers. "As expected from a wizard," Said one. "Sorcery," Said another. "This is all voo-doo magic," "He's a weird guy,"

Never mind, I see why Erin's upset.