Sorcerers and Princes

MARIGOLD
************
"Wait, wait, wait," I repeated. "This man, Peter, is the prince of Tiza...?" I asked curiously to Erin, who was still furious with rage.

"Huh? I thought you knew?" Peter told me, coming closer. Erin pushed him away from me. He stepped back, but didn't stop talking. "I thought you knew I was the prince of Tiza, don't all citizens do?" He continued.

"This isn't even Tiza!" Erin yelled at him. "Do you really think the citizens of Zenel would know your name?"

He says that, but he himself lives in Zenel and knows Peter's the prince of Tiza. Just proves he's done his research, as expected.

Peter told us, getting angry himself, "Watch your attitude, I'm a prince you know,"

Erin scoffed at him, and I'm pretty sure I saw Peter flinch. "Yea, surely a prince would know what parts his country and what's NOT," Peter emphasized. "This tower has been a part of Zenel the whole time,"

"Then... Marigold, you're not a lady from Tiza?" Peter asked me, a sad look on his face. I repeatedly shook my head. Not even close.

"I'm actually the princess of Zenel," I told him quietly. Peter froze, taking a while to process this new information. Can't really blame him, because I'm pretty sure everyone is pretty confused here.

"Then who might you be?" Peter asked, referring to Erin. Erin shot him a look. It wasn't full of anger, but something else. Despise?

"I have no need to tell you my name, but if you must know, I am a wizard, who's descendant be that of the witch,"  Erin said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I see..." Peter said, quieting down. This was much too confusing for any of our minds to process. Except for Erin of course.

"Then what are you still doing here you fool?" Erin told him, still a bit mad. "I could easily call every single guard over to this tower and defeat you," Erin smirked. "This war between us will finally be over,"

The war. My parents could be free.

"Fine," Peter replied, losing spirit. "I'll see you soon, Marigold. I won't give up that easily,"

"Bye," I replied. But I wasn't looking at him. I was looking at Erin. Was he serious when he said he'd call soldiers? Erin was nice, he... just wouldn't do that.

When I turned around, Peter was staring at me with an upset look on his face. Was it because I wasn't looking at him? I felt apologetic now. But either way, Peter hopped down the window and left me and Erin standing alone in my room.

PETER
*******

I can't believe it. One minute, you confess to the girl you like and the next being harassed by an wizard who needs anger-management lessons.

How can Marigold stand to live with that...thing! He was evil! EVIL! But just a second...
He was a wizard. He's been living with her all this time. And being a wizard, he must know spells...

I'm suddenly more frustrated thinking this. But it doesn't stop me. I start running towards my kingdom, already planning everything out.

ERIN
******

I walked over to the window and slammed the door shut. Then locked it, just in case. Then I turned my head back to Princess Marigold, crossing my arms, showing my angriness. I don't care if I looked bitter in her eyes, because I know I am.

"Care to explain?"

She backed away from me. "I'd rather not..." She said, trying to sound cheerful.
I walked up to her and pinched her cheeks. "As if I'd let you off that easily," I growled. "Why was the prince of Tiza here?!"

She wailed and I let go. Rubbing her cheeks, she mumbled "He found me in the tower after you left one day. He's been visiting me ever since,"

"And you never told me?!" I thrashed my anger out at her. "He could have been plotting to kill you, or take away information!"

"He wouldn't do that!" She defended him.

"You never know," I yelled at her. "He could have been hiding the truth this whole time!"

"You can't blame me!" She started crying. "I'm so lonely in here. You always go off without me, and I almost never get to leave the castle! You can't blame me for wanting a friend to talk to,"

I stopped yelling. She was crying, have I been to hard? I guess I could understand. It's true I never take her with me, and it's true she's left here all alone. I step closer to her and hugged her. "I'm sorry," I tell her. "It's my fault,"

"No, I'm sorry for yelling," she mumbled softly. I looked down at her. She was blushing a little. How will this princess ever find a suiter if she can't even handle a man's embrace?

"Tell you what, starting tomorrow, I'll take you with me every other day. Sound good, princess?"

"That sounds great! Thank you!" She said, smiling at me. I rubbed her head softly, just like how I did when she was a child.

"A-ha! Now I see!"

We both turned to the window, which was spread open, letting cold air rush into the room. A figure stood there, the prince, Peter, holding a sword in his hand.

"I see now!" He repeated. "You used a spell to make Marigold love you! That's why she doesn't love me as much as she should. Rapunzel and the prince were meant to be after all, not the wizard!" He grinned wickedly, and I felt the princess shiver in my arms.

"Of course, this is expected of a rotten wizard!"