Chapter Nine

Lolly's Pov

   I woke up and looked around to see my hospital ward again. I was not happy to be here in the least. I don't care who brought me here again but I wasn't going to stay. "If you try and run I'll catch you before you make it to the window." Genma's voice startled me. 

   I looked over to see him sitting there with his arms crossed and a disappointed look on his face. "Sensei..." I muttered. Genma sighed and hugged me tightly to him, "Don't scare us like that. I thought you had been kidnapped.

   Then who would I have to suffer Shiro and Jinga with?" He asked. I smiled lightly and stretched my arms over my head. 

   I flinched slightly but other than a slight twinge in my back I felt pretty good. "So when can I get out of here?" I asked. "Well, you've been asleep for the past few days and your arm seems fine so I think the nurses were thinking of letting you go today." Genma replied. 

   I looked at him with hopeful eyes. Genma was about to say something more when the door suddenly opened. I looked over and saw Tsunade with my mother standing in the doorway. 

   "Genma, give us a moment." Tsunade said. Genma stood stiffly and then nodded. He walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. "You've had the village buzzing lately after your little outburst a few days ago." Tsunade said. 

   I just nodded I was expecting her to start yelling at me or something but surprisingly she didn't. "It's ok, I know what happened. However please watch your mouth next time. I don't want fights like this breaking out every day." I nodded as I listened to her stunned. 

   "Also if you're willing to cooperate with us for a few more hours we may release you so that you can train for the final stage in the Chuunin exams." Tsunade said. 

   I immediately sat up straight and looked at her with wide eyes. I had forgotten all about the Chuunin exams! I nodded to her then. I needed to get a head start on my training.

Shikamaru's Pov

Shikamaru sighed as he sat there with his team. They were helping to get the third stage of the Chuunin Exams ready again. "Are you alright?" Choji asked.  

   Shikamaru just looked at him, "Yeah, I'm alright." in truth he wasn't. He kept thinking about that night in the treehouse with Lolly. He felt wrong but he really liked her. He wanted to be with her but there were just too many factors to overlook.  

   He sighed again and Asuma managed to catch his pupil's eye. However Shikamaru just looked away quickly and continued to busy himself with work.  

   He wished that he was still by her side. Tsunade had other plans though and threatened to keep them apart if he didn't get his ass out of her ward. So he did the most logical choice and quickly got out of there. 

   Not watching what he was doing, Shikamaru suddenly knocked over something and it crashed to the ground. Gritting his teeth and resisting the urge to scream he began to pick the pieces up. "What a drag..."

Lolly's Pov 

   I sighed as I walked out of the hospital with Genma just a few hours later. "I thought that they would never be done. " I said. Genma just chuckled and drew me up to his side with his arm over my shoulders and his hand on my shoulder. 

   He always did this after I got hurt. It was oddly comforting to have his presence close to me. Even after all this time. "Well, are you ready to train? Nothing extensive but just something to keep you from getting flabby." Genma said as he lightly pinched the back of my arm.