Chapter Thirty

Lolly's Pov

   I held Shikamaru's hand tightly. He was a bit annoyed at how hard I was gripping his hand but he knew that I was nervous so I guess he didn't say anything. We were standing at the entrance to the Hidden Rock Village and I was super nervous. 

   The last time I was even remotely around here was when I was four. That was nearly ten years ago. So yes, I was pretty damn nervous. "Don't worry." Shikamaru said so that I could only hear it.

   The gates opened and we walked inside. Immediately I saw swept up into a pair of strong arms and twirled around. I would've screamed but no air was going in or out of my lungs. "Lolly!" Masamune called out happily.

   I coughed and hacked while I clawed at his arms. He finally must've noticed that I wasn't saying anything as he looked down at me and then quickly let me go. Air filled my lungs and I coughed as I could finally breathe again.

   In an instant Shikamaru was by my side and thumping my back for me. "What the hell?" Shikamaru spat at Masamune. Masamune in return glared at Shikamaru, "What, can't I say hi to her?" Masamune spat.

"There's no problem with that, however choking her is another story!"  

"I wasn't choking her dipshit!"

"Shut up!"

"No you, you haggard bastard child!"

"HEY!"

   They both fell silent at the sound of my voice and I glared at the both of them. "Shikamaru I'm fine thank you. Masamune shut up, there's no reason to freak out." I said. Shikamaru looked at Masamune who looked at Shikamaru.

   Masamune then turned to me, "I don't like him. Find another boyfriend." He said. Immediately I smacked him upside his head. "Wrong answer." I replied. Masamune groaned and then I smiled sheepishly at Shikamaru and the others that were behind him.

   "Sorry, he can be a bit... much." I sighed. Masamune groaned again and I kicked him lightly, "Quit whinning you little baby." I remarked as I helped him up. 

   Kakshi suddenly steppped forward and Masamune lost his smile and I knew what was coming. "Hello Hatake. If you'd like I'll get down to business." He said seriously. Kakashi nodded and then we were guided to a building that I guessed was the Tsuchikage's building. 

   As we were walking there I felt an awespiring amazement at how the rock village looked. Even though I was born and partially raised here it still was breath taking. The tall stone buildings raising into the heavens surrounded by mountains. The work on them simple but precise. It made me smile to see that not much had changed since I had last been here. As we walked I found that I came to enjoy the chatter of the streets surprisingly since I really didn't like it back in the Leaf Village.

   "If you'll step in here." Masamune instructed as he quickly knocked and opened the door to the Tsuchikage's office. There sitting in a chair was a small old man. I resisted the urge to let my face slacken at the sight of him sleeping.

   Masamune finally noticed as he went over there and shook the chair, "OLD MAN ONOKI! COME ON IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!" Masamune yelled at the top of his lungs. I cringed as suddenly the old man, Onoki, leapt up from his chair and then smacked Masamune. "Quit it boy." Onoki ordered.

   He turned to us and his gaze rested on me, "It's good to see you alive Lolita." He said. All eyes turned to me but I still locked my gaze with Onoki. "Thank you, you're looking well." I replied with a dip of my head. Onoki nodded back and I could feel the tension in the air. I wasn't stupid, I knew that he was a bit frightened by what I could do.