Chapter Fifteen

Shikamaru's Pov

   Shikamaru looked down at the arena amazed. He watched as Lolly sped through the arena with grace. He of course could already see what she was doing and was fairly surprised that she would use such a barbaric method to win.

   "Well this is a surprise..." Shion muttered. Shikamaru tore his gaze away from the arena. No, he deiced that he definitely didn't like her. He took his precious Lolly and turned her into... that... He still loved Lolly but he never knew this side to her until Shion came.

   As if she felt his stare Shion turned to look at him. Immediately her gaze became less impressed as she looked him up and down and Shikamaru felt likewise. "Excuse me... Shikamari was it? I need a word with you." She said as she walked away toward a more secure location. Shikamaru reluctantly followed.

   Just as he found her again she turned on him. "Listen, I don't know what your problem with me is but you had better chill out." She started. Shikamaru looked at her with his cold calculating gaze, "First off, my name is Shikamaru. Secondly, I don't know what you did to Lolly but I don't appreciate the way she's closed off to everyone now." He replied.

   Shion glared at him and Shikamaru glared right back. He was not about to back down just becuase a tempermental woman like her shot him a gaze like that... well, at least not when Lolly was involved... Shion stood there for a moment as if she was trying to come up with a response. However Shikamaru beat him to it.

   "All I'm saying is this. Teach Lolly, I'm glad that she won't be helpless. However she's delicate and I don't appreciate whatever methods that you've used so far. When she got back I immediately noticed a change. I know that she tried to hide it but it didn't work so I'm asking you to try something different." Shikamaru said.

   He didn't wait for Shion's reply, instead he walked back out to where Asuma and the rest were standing.  He looked down into the arena to see Lolly getting taken away by the medics to get her wounds checked and healed. "Shikamaru, you're up to proctor." The proctor who was originally proctoring said. Shikamaru sighed and nodded, "What a drag..." He muttered and then leapt down into the arena.

Lolly's Pov

   I sighed as they hustled me into the examination room. As I got in there I saw Kakashi, Asuma, and Shion waiting for me. "Hey there brat, not bad. You still need work though." Shion told me. I glared at her, "Shut it hag." I said as the medics had me lie down on the cot. 

   Kakashi chuckled while Asuma's eyes got wide. I grinned at Kakashi who came over to my beside for a minute, "All joking aside you did well... However was breaking her neck really necessary?" He asked. I looked at him and that was enough to give him his answer.

   The masked jonin sighed and put his hand on top of my head in his own affectionate manner, "Be careful with that anger or it may turn you sour." He said cryptically. I raised an eyebrow but then nodded as best I could. "Excuse me mister Hatake but we need to perform a few medical proceedures on her. Apparently a few of her ribs are broken. So if you would all be so kind as to leave I would appreciate it." The nurse said.

   Kakashi nodded and put up his hand as a good-bye wave. "No, don't leave me with them! Kakashi!" I yelled. Immediately I regretted it as my ribs hurt like crap. Kakashi chuckled and then exited the room.

   "Now, just lie down so I can get to work." The nurse said. I gulped and then begrudgingly laid down to let the process begin. God I hate hospitals and nurses...

Heihachi Pov

   Heihachi watched as they took Lolly away. "So... Your verdict?" He asked. The man opened his eyes after a bit and looked at Heihachi. Heihachi in return felt himself getting uneasy under the intense gaze.