Chapter Thirteen

Lolly's Pov

The roar of the crowd was deafening.

   I stood there tall and proud. Today was the day. All of us stood in line. I was slightly saddened at the thought of fighting my team mates but that was a small price to pay. All of us knew that after today one of us would be a Chuunin.

   "Alright, the first match will be between Jinga Hirogane and Ryuuga Tetsumon." The proctor announced. As Jinga and his opponent, a mist village ninja, stepped forward the rest of us went to go to our watching area.

   "Good luck." I said as I walked past Jinga. He grinned and then I walked off. Shiro somehow found me in the fray. "How are you feeling?" He asked. I shrugged and he seemed to understand.

   Once we got to our area we then looked down to see that Jinga and Ryuuga were in their spots and the proctor had just started the battle.

Jinga's Pov

   I heard the proctor announce that the battle had started and immediately took out a kunai knife. I went at Ryuuga at full force. I got in close and then went to slash forward with my knife. Ryuuga took out a kunai as well and we locked blades.

   I then kicked my leg out to swipe behind his knees but he quickly leaped over me and then countered with a blow to my nose.

   Blood flew from my nose and my eyes watered up slightly. However I then used a substitution and got behind him. Just as he turned around I landed a huge blow to the middle of his chest and then followed up with a swift kick to his gut.

   Ryuuga slid back a bit and then made some handsigns, "Water Style: Sword of Draining Jutsu!"

   Water from around the grass came and made a sword for Ryuuga and the grass turned a sick black brown color. Then Ryuuga leaped at me.

   His slashes were quicker than before and as a result I was cut in the shoulders and the stomach. I jumped away and we both stood there for a moment. My breath was coming in shallow gasps from the blood pouring out of my stomach wound.

   I quickly made some hand signs, "Heavenly Needle Rain Jutsu!"

   Huge needles fell from the sky right over Ryuuga. He wasn't fast enough to escape and I smiled as the dust picked up. "You're pretty weak." Ryuuga said as he appeared behind me. My eyes widened as I felt his hand push through my back and out my stomach.

   He then picked me up with his hand still through me and flung me over to the wall of the arena. My blood splattered against the wall and I fell to the floor. It was time. I had no other choice.

   I took out the scroll that Genma-Sensei had given to me the first day we met as team 3. I put it on the ground, 'I hope this works... I need it to...' I thought.

   "Come on you stupid scroll!" I screamed at it. Genma-Sensei had given Shiro, Lolly, and I special scrolls. So I thought that I would try and practice with mine. However it was blank.

   "You won't be able to use it." Genma-Sensei said. I jumped in the air in surprise and then blushed in embarrassment. I was caught... "These scrolls each contain a very powerful jutsu specific to your chakra type. The only way that you'll be able to use it is when you're ready. Right now you're not so forget it. However I feel that later on you'll be able to use it." Genma-Sensei said. 

   "So then, why do we have it now?" I asked him. Genma-Sensei rolled his senbon in his mouth for a bit before answering. "Well, I think that if you have it you'll always wonder what's in it so I think that will push you to strive to be ready to use it." He replied. I nodded, "Alright... I guess I'll wait then..."