Chapter Thirty-Two

Shikamaru's Pov

   Shikamaru looked over at Lolly as her breathing leveled off, signaling that she was indeed asleep. "So you're Lolly's grandmother?" Fuu asked. Granny Mei shook her head, "No, I'm not her grandmother. Her family is actually a different branch from what branch I'm from. I was in the original Shinjukaze family. However when the branches and all of that started they ended up with the title of Shinjukaze." She explained.

"Do you know what Lolly's looking for?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes, she's looking for the Claveiza, the necklace that holds the unlimited power of our clan. If Soren were to get his hands on it then he would be unstoppable."

"You know about Soren?"

"Know about him? I told the Elder Council never to elect that little brat as the next leader! If I had my way he would've never even seen the Crystal Matrix!"

   Shikamaru was a bit taken aback. He didn't think this little old lady could get so worked up. She sure prooved him wrong. However he heard coughing and looked back at Lolly. His eyes widened as he realized that blood was flowing from the corners of her mouth.
   "Lolly!" He said in surprise. Immediately Sakura rushed over to try and heal her. As she began to try and find out what was wrong everyone gathered around.
   Sakura poured more chakra into her jutsu but Lolly then began to cough up more blood even worse than before. "What are you doing because whatever it is it isn't working!" Fuu cried out as Neji had to hold her back. "I can't find out what's wro- oh god." Sakura said.
   Granny Mei then hobbled over and shoved Sakura out of the way. She then put her hand into Lolly's front left pocket and withdrew a bottle of pills. Taking out one she shoved it into Lolly's mouth and then rubbed the young Shinjukaze's throat to make her swallow.
   After a few minutes Lolly's coughing soon died down and she was once again fine. "What did you do?" Sakura asked. Granny Mei looked at her, "I fed her, her medicine." She said simply and then produced a rag from nowhere.
   "Do me a favor and clean the blood off of her." Granny Mei said and tossed the rag to Shikamaru. He caught it and then quickly began to wipe the blood from her beautiful face.
   In a few minutes she was fine and he ran his hand through her hair. That little episode only a few minutes ago scared him half to death. "Please don't ever do that again." He whispered to her and kissed her forehead. 

"What happened?" Kakashi asked.

Granny Mei smirked as she looked at them, "It seems that you don't know Lolita as well as you think." She mused.

"Just tell us." Fuu growled.

"Patience little one. It's a miracle that she's even alive."

"How?"

"Don't interrupt!"

"Sorry."

"Before she and her mother left, durring Soren's attempt to take Claveiza, Lolita was watching as her brother began to walk towards her. She had almost no control over her crystal release markings. Which that in itself was remarkable-"

"How so?" Fuu interjected.

   Granny Mei glared at her and Fuu nodded her head in a mock apology. Everyone knew that she wasn't sorry but no one seemed to care anyways.

"Only the eldest of each branch of the Shinjukaze Clan is supposed to have the Crystal Relase Markings. The fact that Lolita, the second born had them, meant that Soren was not supposed to lead the clan. However he had touched the Crystal Matrix already. That granted him great power and when Lolita touched it they ended up linked."

"Linked? How?"

   Granny Mei shot Fuu another look and Fuu shrugged her shoulders. Shikamaru groaned slightly, he could tell that these two would be at each other's throats the entire time they were here.