Chapter Twelve

Lolly's Pov

   I groaned as I sat up. I didn't feel good in the least. My head was pounding and I was pretty sure that my arm was broken. "So you're finally awake." Shion said. I looked over to her and glared, I really hated this woman.
   I was about to snap at her but she shoved something hot into my mouth. At that moment I couldn't even care what it was, it was warm. I quickly used my good arm to grab hold of what it was and begin to chew on it.
   Shion laughed and I looked at her. "Seems you're a fan of fox stomach as well." She said as she took a piece of what I guessed was fox out of the fire she had and began to eat it. I looked at it for a second and then kept eating. At this point I was too hungry to care what I was eating.
   However I stopped as a thought hit me. "What is it?" Shion asked.

"I thought that you'd let me die."

"I would've but you actually had the Pheonix Fire Flower Jutsu before you went crazy on me. If you're willing to calm down now, I can teach you better."

"You purposely taught me as little as possible!?"

"See, now you're getting worked up. Maybe I'll throw you away from the fire and let you freeze."

"I love you master!"

   With that I latched on as best I could to her waist to ensure that she wouldn't toss me away. She chuckled and then stood up. "Come on then brat. We have a bit of work ahead of us." She said. I unfortunately stood up and let her lead me away.
   "Alright, now with this jutsu the most important thing is that you keep hold of that anger. Fire rages and is uncontrolable. Use your feeling of rage and then let it out in the form of the Pheonix Fire Flower Jutsu." Shion explained.
   I looked at her and felt all of the anger that I had when she had abandoned me to die. I held onto it and then performed the hand seals, "Pheonix Fire Flower Jutsu!" I called out. Suddenly it felt as if my very being was burning away. Then I had to close my eyes.
   When I opened them I saw that I had melted a good part of the snow. I looked back to Shion to see that she was smiling. "What's up with the smile you old hag?" I asked. Her smiled immediately dropped.

   Ever since then the days passed by fairly quickly. Not only did I work on my ninjutsu but on my taijutsu as well. That was more enjoyable then learning fire jutsu but still. After I had progressed far enough, Shion kicked me out of her camp and made me make my own.
   Now I was trapping my own food and making fires. I would climb up sheer walls of ice without the use of chakra and managed to learn to control my chakra better as well.
   "Lolly! Where are you brat?" Shion called out. She looked left and right but found no sign of any life.
   I watched her from my snow drift and smirked. Maybe she wasn't as sharp today as usual. "Quit playing around and get out of the snow drift." She said suddenly turning to face where I was. I sighed and sat up. Nope, same as ever.
   "Yes hag?" I replied. Brat and hag over time became terms of endearment between us, messed up huh? 
   "Come on, the third round will start tomorrow. You need to rest and get acclimated to the above." She said as she suddenly shot a kunai knife upwards. It stuck into the middle of a part of what looked like the sky and the plate moved. Warm air suddenly rushed into the place. 
   In an instant I leapt up through the hole and ran. The sun beating down felt amazing. If not for a little irritating as well. I could tell that I was used to the frigid seven degrees of the first training ground. Getting acclimated up here was going to be a pain.
   "Hey! Wait up you brat!" Shion called. I grinned and skipped backwards, "Keep up you old hag!" I called back. She just snorted and knocked me off my feet suddenly. I hit the pavement and looked up at her. 
   She was grinning and suddenly I leapt up into a hand stand and twirled around until I landed on my feet. "See you." I said and then disappeared. Shion looked around and sighed. It seemed that she would continue on to Tsunade's office alone.