Chapter 2

A few days earlier

"Absolutely out of the question!" Atlantis growled, his gold eyes glowing with angry fire.

Destan watched the prince with a bored expression while Aceso stood by his side, biting her lower lip.

"The Diamond Goddess said so," she murmured, her hand sliding over her bulging stomach.

Atlantis said nothing, gold eyes giving the hunched over Elric a death glare.

Morgan chuckled softly and drifted by Atlantis's side, sliding his arm into his, "It's alright love, it's necessary. Besides," he spoke, waving at Elric, "He seems much too tormented to even harm us."

Destan pulled a pair of handcuffs from a leather bag, "These help prevent the wearer to use magic."

Atlantis eyes narrowed, grabbing the cuffs, "What else did this Diamond Goddess say?"

******
She could feel the muscles of her lover shift beneath her fingers as their bodies collided, the merman groaning in ecstasy. Large hands roughly gripping her hips as hot lips roamed over the skin of her neck. Ava let out a soft cry as she reached her climax, her nails sinking into Ro's skin.

Their breaths slowed into soft pants, legs unwinding and slowly shifting back into tails as their arousals ceased.

A knock sounded against the door of her bedroom, interrupting the moment of breathless silence.

"Your Majesty?" a timid voice said from the other other side.

Ava sighed softly, "What is it Grara?"

"Your royal advisor requests your presence."

Ava groaned softly before reaching for her robe that clunged on her nightstand.

"Tell Fro I'll be right there," she murmured, shifting towards the door.

"My Queen," Ro murmured from the bed, his hand tucked behind his head, the bedsheets tossed aside, "Do you wish to make love again? And relieve that stress that seems to plague you?" he murmured in a seductive voice, his amber tail stuck in the phase of shifting into legs or a tail.

Ava's lips curled in disgust, "Let's be clear Ro. We didn't 'make love' as you so eloquently put it. It was just sex, an itch that we both needed to scratch."

Ro's eyes grew dark, his thin lips parting to speak but Ava interrupted him, "I want you gone when I return."

Ava left, the handmaidens quickly attending to her needs, dressing her body in jewels and amber paint.

The doors of her library flew open, her servants scurrying away when she entered.

Her Royal Advisor floated about, his eyes darting over the labels of her scrolls.

He was a quiet merman, who's sole purpose was to keep her in the throne.

"It's necessary you take a mate," Fro said after awhile, his slender body pressed against the wall of her library.

Ava frowned, ignoring the merman, her eyes shifting over the papers that littered her desk.

"The counsel is growing weary of your physical encounters with the lords," Fro murmured.

Ava huffed and shook her head, "I'm young Fro, I wish to live a little before settling down."

"Rumors have been spreading that you're expecting a child. You know the counsel won't accept it if the child is born out of wedlock," the merman warned, his blonde hair pulled away in a pony tail.

Ava glared at her royal advisor, "I take special care in not falling pregnant. I'm not ready for motherhood, the kingdom is still unstable from my father's poor administration. You of all people should know that."

Fro squirmed, "I understand your Majesty, I'm simply stating that the counsel would feel at ease if you mated and produced an heir."

Ava rubbed her temples, "Let them suffer. I know when I'm ready to have a child."

Fro sighed, "Alright. I also bring news."

Ava's eyes furrowed, "Tell me."

"It seems the Onyx King has found a mate and has created an alliance with the Emerald and Diamond kingdoms," he set a letter on her desk, "I suggest you attend the wedding with this invention. It seems the Onyx are ready to open their gates once again for trade and alliances."

Ava pursed her lips, her brown eyes flitting over the delicate cursive letters that tainted the white letter.

You are cordially invited to the wedding of his Royal Majesty Caspian of the Onyx and his mate Marcus.

Marcus, she thought, What a odd name.

Ava smiled, "This gives us a chance for more possibilities of earning income that will surely benefit both kingdoms. Weapons for luxury items," she murmured.

Fro nodded, "Do wish for me to prepare an escort?"

"Yes. Make sure to choose wedding gifts for the newlyweds, the best of our kingdom. We want to make an impression," Ava smiled, leaning back in her seat.

Fro gave a silent bow before leaving. Silence stretched, her eyes never wavering from the invitation, she could feel as if something was waiting for her there.

"Ava?" a timid voice said from behind her, breaking her out of her reverie.

Blonde hair framed the merman's delicate and oddly feminine features. His heavily lashed brown eyes blinking up at her, brimming with love. A gold circlet rested on his blonde hair, matching the gold necklace that rested on his collarbone.

Ava chuckled, "What are you doing behind there?" she spoke, patting her lap, "Come here."

The merman shyly moved towards her, tucking himself in her lap, "Did you hear everything?"

He nodded, "Will you be leaving?"

Ava let her fingers drift through his hair, "I have to go."

He wrapped his thin arms around her waist, resting his head on her chest, "I don't want you to go. I'll be alone."

Ava smiled, "You won't be alone. I need my little spy for the Onyx. Remember?"

He pulled away and gasped happily, "That means I get to go?"

Ava smiled and pressed her lips against his forehead, "Affirmative love. What disguise do wish to wear this time?"

She watched the gears turn in his mind, "How about a slave?"

Ava's lips turned up in amusement, "Alright," she spoke, letting her thumb touch the merman's full lips, "Go. I'll prepare everything. Remember to stay out of sight."

He nodded and kissed Ava's cheek before swimming away, his golden tail glittering beneath the light before being swallowed by darkness.

A knock sounded on the door, her handmaidens carrying clothes in their arms, "Your Majesty, which cloths do you wish for us to prepare for your journey?"

Ava sighed, drowning herself once more in her royal duties.

What do you think of Ava? c:

Vote & Comment