Chapter 21

The clean up was a group effort, the citizens of the kingdom burying the dead, repairs done by the fellow craftsmen.

While sadness was something that hung in the air, there was also a sense of relief and joy. Peace had been restored, along with the true queen and the sense of protection enveloping the kingdom with the presence of the host.

Or perhaps it was because a wedding was taking place.

"Morgan!" Atlantis said, grabbing his arm, being extra careful with Morgan's healing hands, "The wedding is about to start and we have yet to take out places in the royal's box!"

Morgan giggled and followed, the soft jingle of jewelry clanging against his skin. His eyes fell on Atlantis's bright red hair, a golden circlet resting above his brow, coupled by the golden hoops on his earlobes. Thick braids fell about his pale shoulders, showing off the black tattoo on his arm.

Morgan watched in awe as he and Atlantis entered the throne room that had been expanded. Columns rose from the floor it's sharp ridges decorated with sea flowers, giving it a less frightening appearance as it supported the rather high ceiling.

Crowds surrounded a particular pillar, the top never quite reaching the cieling. Geometric designs covered the amber stone, rising in a spiral towrads the top of the column.

"Will it be the same as the Emerald ritual?" Atlantis murmured, taking his place in the Royal's box, his golden eyes glowing against the dull lighting of the room.

Morgan shook his head, taking his place next to the Emerlad prince, their fingers intertwined with one another, "The Amber ritual is different than the Emerald. The Emerald focused on fertility, the possibilty of having a child multplied tenfold. A gift every mermaid desires because of the diffulty the mers have in bearing children. However, the Amber is different. With Aviv being the god of love and lust, the ritual provides the ability to find one's true love, a love so pure, nothing can break it. Perhaps the only catch is, if everyone is present during the ceremony and if the god deems them worthy."

Atlantis arched a brow, a smirk playing across his lips, "Do you think we would need to take part in the ritual?"

Morgan chuckled and pressed his lips against Atlantis's pale cheek, "I think we've already found it." The red haired prince grinned, turning his head just a bit to take Morgan's lips against his own, a hands tugging at Morgan's dark hair. He moaned aginst his lover's lips, grazing his teeth against the soft flesh. "Morgan," Atlantis murmured as they pulled away, "Marr-"

"Pardon me?"

Their heads whirled, thier eyes falling upon a male mer, his bright blue eyes showing his rather uncomfortable state at their public display of affection, "Sorry to inturrupt but is this the Royal's box?"

Morgans brows rose, his eyes scanning the young mer. Long black hair floated around the male, the bangs held back by a crown made of bright blue stone, the color matching the mer's eyes. Pale skin stetched over his slender form, the indentations of hand crafted tattoos bringing out the ridges of well formed muscles.

"It is," Morgan said, turing his body away from a rather silent Atlantis and towards the merman, "Who might you be?"

The merman placed a fist over his chest, tilting his head forward before looking at Morgan, "I am High Prince Zeref, son of Seraphine, Queen of the Sapphire Kingdom."

Morgan arched a brow at Zeref's rather formal greeting, "I am Morgan, Witch from the Emerald Kingdom."

"And I am Atlantis, Prince of the Emerald Kingdom," Atlantis interjected with a rather sharp tone.