Chapter 20

"Why did you take so long?" Ava whispered, peering into the eternal depths of Jonas's eyes.

Mirth glittered in his green orbs, "As much as I want to tell you, time is running short. Besides, I think it's time for you to sit on that throne I imagined you to be on."

Blush touched her cheeks as she turned to help Elric but a strong hand pulled her, soft, familiar lips pressing against her own. It was short and sweet, a kiss that she was sure it would continue later. Energy the had been drained was quickly replenished by the tender gesture, a low buzz flowing through her veins. "You are correct. You will help Morgan and Atlantis while I offer my assistance to Elric."

Jonas grinned, flashing a cocky wink in her direction before swimming away, glowing blades in hand.

Her gaze fell on Elric, who was clawing his way through Ro's shield.

"Time to take back my throne," she murmured in a low voice, before launching her attack.

****
That's my girl, Jonas thought as he peeled his gaze from Ava and focused on the enemy in front of him.

Alright, how do we kill the bitch? Jonas thought to Aviv.

Unfortunately, it takes quite the effort in killing one of her kind. Are you familiar with the phrase "Cats have nine lives"? Aviv questioned as he controlled Jonas's hand to block a blow that could've been fatal to Morgan. Atlantis whirled his spear, the sharp edged barely missing Lilith's stomach.

Can you just get to the point? Jonas muttered.

You can't kill her by using a fatal blow. You need the help of the other hosts, none for which are yet here. For now, the only thing you can do is sever her head and hope she appears far from here, Aviv said, making Jonas snarl in frustration. Of course, nothing can be easy once magic is involved. And he thought bibbidy bobbity boo would make everything better.

"What did Aviv say?" Morgan panted as they backed up to avoid another swipe from what Jonas had officially dubbed as Medusa. The black dreadlocks having rather close resemblance to a head full of snakes.

Jonas clenched the handles of his blades, the hilt seeming to have become rather stuck to the palm of his hand, "I have to cut off her head, it would kill her but it'll stop her from causing any more havoc for now."

Morgan frowned but nodded, "I see, what do you suggest?" Both parties paused from the fight, both on the opposite sides of the throne room, assessing one another's strength and weaknesses. 

"You do not know what you're dealing with weaklings!" Lilith snarled, from the other side, Ro quickly darting to her side with Elric and Ava falling back towards Jason. "Time has come for the Ancient One to arise!" 

"Oh why don't you shut up!" Jonas yelled, earning a snarl from the witch. 

"This is starting to get very difficult and annoying," Elric murmured.

Atlantis huffed, "You tell me," he said, wiping away a strand of blood from his cheek, "Is there away to end this as soon as possible?"

"Any maneuvers that humans used in the upper world?" Ava said, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

Guns are out of the question, Jonas thought, frowning. He glanced around his surroundings. An idea struck him, airplanes coming into mind. "Morgan, Atlantis and Ava, you will distract her while Elric and I focus on Ro. Once we've accomplished that, we will return to your side. Elric and Morgan, you will shoot those fireballs of yours while I come up from behind to give her a good bye present."

Morgan grinned, curling his fingers to create a ball of blue fire, "It would be my genuine pleasure."

Jonas glanced at Ava who's gold eyes glittered, "It seems being a leader suits you well."

Jonas smirked, "I feel like that means something else."

Ava rolled her eyes and swam away, taking her part of the plan in distracting Lilith.

Jonas glanced at Ro, who was fighting against Elric, scratches visible against his cheek.

You need to save the blades for Lilith. It take time for them to recharge, Aviv warned.

Jonas frowned, tucking the amber blades in his belt. Alright Jonas, he thought to himself, You're an ex CIA agent. You got the training and the freedom to use it how you wish. Besides, I don't think the upper body nervous system isn't all that different from a human's. Only that the low gravity from the ocean may slow down the blow.

Jonas glanced at his finger tips, watching his nails grow into sharp points by sheer thought.

A smirk touched his lips, his body quickly speeding towards Ro, who was too distracted by Elric's taunts.

His arms tensed, numbers counting down in his mind before sinking his taloned hands into Ro's back. The merman cried out in pain, Jonas pushing further until left hand pierced through Ro's lung. Fingers quickly finding a rather important organ, the digits wrapping around his beating heart.

Ro choked, trails of blood leaving his lips, "I d-didn't w-ant to kill her," he coughed, "S-she w-was m-my queen."

Jonas laughed, "Some way you have of showing it. You hurt her by attempting to take the throne. You betrayed her by siding with Lilith."

Ro wheezed, "I-it w-was against my w-will," he gasped out before his body went slack, the life draining from his wide eyes.

"He's right," Elric murmured, grabbing Ro's cold hand and showing his palm to Jonas. A black symbol stretched it's way around the dead man's hand, a single black line, disappearing into a prominent vein on his wrist.

A high pitched scream shattered his ear drums, Lilith's pretty features twisted into one of cruel beauty, "How dare you!"

Morgan and Elric quickly moved, distracting her with rapid fire from their hands as Jonas grabbed his blades, twirling his body in an almost torpedo like fashion, the blades sticking outwards.

This is it, he thought. Time slowed for him, everything visible to the naked eyes but multiplied ten fold. The sharp edge of the amber blades pierced Lilith's chocolate skin in a single smooth swipe.

Her blood should've been red. Instead, tendrils of black blood streamed through the sliced arteries.

"Oh that's revolting!" Atlantis gagged, pinching his nose.

Jonas did the same, the smell of sulfer and rotten eggs filling his senses. However Lilith's body disappeared into dust, along with Ro's.

"What just happened?" Elric  said breathlessly, a trace of blood coming from his brow.

"We won," Morgan whispered, his burned hands wrapping around Atlantis's blood stained ones.

"We won," Ava echoed.

Jonas smiled and turned to Ava, grabbing her slender fingers, "The throne is yours go on and take it."

One more chapter left!^.^
Vote & Comment!