Chapter 10

He felt naked.

Jonas shivered slightly, rubbing his arms as if his hands could cover his torso and hide the scars that covered some parts of his skin. He looked down at his new body part. A golden tail with a few red tinted scales, that slowly blended with his human skin.

It was weird but strangely fascinating, that if he were to report this to the science division of the CIA they would be like fan girls to a One Direction concert in seconds.

A soft knock sounded on the door, bringing him out of his reverie. Morgan entered, accompanied by a merman that Jonas didn't recognize. Gold eyes and red hair was his most prominent features along with a body that nude male models would kill for. Something that he had seen with his own eyes on a mission.

He shivered at the thought before responding, "Hey Morgan, who's this?" he questioned with an arches brow.

Morgan smiled, "This is my lover, Atlantis, Prince of the Emerald Kingdom."

Jonas's eyes widened, he had been in the presence of a royal? Hell, he hadn't even met the Queen of England and now he was meeting a prince? What type of connections did Morgan have?

Just smile and shake hands Jonas. No big deal, he thought, flashing his best smile and extended his hand, "Nice to meet your Majesty, I'm Jonas Smith."

The Prince's lip twitch and slip his webbed hand into his, "Nice to meet you Jonas," he murmured, giving him a firm shake.

Morgan smiled and clapped his hands together, "Excellent! Now we can get down to business!"

"To defeat the Huns," he muttered under his breath. Hell, he didn't know when was the last time he say a Disney film and yet, he compared everything beneath the surface to movies he'd seen in his childhood.

"Business?" Prince Atlantis said, his red eyebrows rising.

Morgan nodded and swam towards the corner of the room where a chest rested, "We have little time before the wedding starts and Jonas needs to be there."

He blinked, "What?"

Morgan ignored him and pulled out a set of jewelry, "We need a good disguise for you," he muttered, "Slave would be no good, nor an ambassador."

Jonas glanced at Atlantis who's confused expression seemed rather comical.

"I got it!" Morgan exclaimed excitedly, making them jump, "A soldier!"

Atlantis's eyes widened, "But I am your protector!"

Morgan giggled and kissed Atlantis's lips, much to Jonas's confusion, "Oh of course you are love, but he needs to be there. You'll be coming as my lover, let Jonas be the soldier for the day."

Morgan turned to him, "Can you wield weapons?"

Did he seriously just ask me that? He thought with a roll of his eyes, "Guns, throwing knives and a I've used a harpoon once."

Morgan seemed unimpressed and thought for a moment, "Knives would be best," he muttered and dug through the chest, pulling out a gold like belt filled with daggers.

Fück.

____________

The armor felt light, a positive effect of the ocean's zero gravity.

The helmet hid most of his face, matching well with the golden cuffs around his wrists, each one hiding a blade inside. A leather strap wrapped around his torso, held up by an amber pin on his shoulder. It was an odd attire that he would never be caught in public.

"Feeling comfortable Jonas?" Morgan said with a smile.

He huffed, keeping his head up and hands behind his back, a stance that had been drilled to him during his training. However, it was so difficult to keep a blank face when the scene before him was terribly breathtaking.

It reminded him of the Roman coliseum, and he happened to be in the Emperors box. It jutted out from the rest of the mer crowd, several seats empty.

Two black columns stood in the vacant arena, the loud chatter of the mers echoing through the walls as excitement bubbled around.

"This doesn't look like a wedding," Jonas murmured.

"Believe it or not, the wedding ceremony is quite the spectacle," a new voice said.

Jonas turned, his eyes falling on a rather peculiar group. Two mermen stood behind a pair of heavily pregnant women, all of them adorned with expensive jewels and clothes.

Blue and green, he thought, his eyes trailing over the scales that covered most of their bodies. One of them he vaguely recognized, almost similar to the one that healed the bullet wound.

"You seem healthy," the mermaid said, her brown eyes looking at him while her scaly blue hand rested on her stomach.

Morgan grinned, "You did a mighty fine job on him Aceso. I was sure he would've died if it weren't for you."

Aceso giggled, "It was nothing."

The merman behind her huffed, "Nothing? In your state you're not supposed to be traveling much less going to the surface."

Aceso laughed, "Nonsense Destan, I'm feeling fine and besides we owe Morgan many favors," she said, nudging the man with her elbow.

Morgan chuckled and moved closer to the couple, "Jonas, I want you to meet my good friends King Kai and Queen Ren of the Emerald Kingdom," he said, motioning the the green scaled couple who had taken their seats.

Queen Ren neared him, a smile on her pretty features, "Nice to meet you Jonas, where did you come from?"

Jonas blinked and looked at Morgan for guidance, the merman only nodded.

"America. CIA."

Ren's eyes widened, "Whoa!" she turned to Aceso who's gaze failed to mask her surprise, "We got an spy!"

"Who killed JFK?"

"Is Area 51 actually true?"

Jonas blinked and slowly backed away, his back pressed against the wall, "Em, uh. That's classified?" He looked at Morgan, "I thought mers don't know about human things."

Ren and Aceso giggled, "Nonsense! We used to be human and we ended up here."

Jonas brows furrowed, "Oh."

His lips parted to speak but from the corner of his eye he saw a familiar flash of amber.

Draped in all of her glory, her held high, jewels framing her slender hourglass body.

A cloth covered most of her bountiful bosom and stretched around her neck to form a cape behind her.

Her hazel eyes met his, recognition flashing in her golden orbs before narrowing.

Jonas smirked.

Vote & Comment!