Chapter 5

He couldn't move.

Almost as if his body wanted to give up. He couldn't blame it. One hundred and seventy pounds of muscle pushed everyday to their limits, scars from old wounds dotting his torso.

It was a body he had trained for years to achieve the ultimate design and all it took was one bullet.

After everything that had happened. Traitors that lingered within the CIA, eliminating it's targets one by one. He was sure they would go after his partner.

His sister.

Fear gripped his heart, along with the squeezing sensation of his lungs begging for air.

He wanted to give up but something inside him told him he needed to live.

His muscles tensed, nerves sending messages across his body, telling him to move. Nonetheless, the waters dragged him further into the darkness, his vision blurring.

Perhaps it was because he was so close to death, and maybe the demons from Hell had come to claim his unholy soul.

Hands gripped his arms, guiding him towards the light ahead of them before he became unconscious.

___

Warm lips pressed against his, breathing warm air into his lungs while a pair of hands pressed against his chest, frantic voices yelling around him.

"Just keep applying pressure!"

"This is human! We shouldn't save him!"

Water rose to his throat, immediately activating his throat reflexes. Coughs wracked his chest, his vision returning.

Silver eyes met his, strange black markings marring his pearly skin. Another face joined in, brown eyes blinking widely with fear, wet golden hair plastered against his feminine looking features.

Agent 12 groaned as he sat up, the movement causing pain to spread around his shoulder, squeezing his eyes shut as he breathed heavily while clutching his wounded shoulder, "Where am I?"

"In the Northern waters," one young man said.

Agent 12 frowned, his eyes looking to the merman that spoke, "Northern waters? What is that supposed to mean?"

His eyes darted to his surroundings. Caps of ice protruding like a mountain of diamonds from the black sea. With every breath he exhaled, he could see the small puffs of warmth, making his realize his lack of dry clothing.

He shivered, turning his gaze to the two young men. They were both slender, the lack of clothes shocking him, however not a much as what laid below the waist.

Scales dotted the waistline before forming into tails, one black and the other in a golden orange color.

"Are you alright?" the white haired one spoke, silver eyes alight with caution.

A soft voice spoke, brown eyes filled with fear, "Master Marcus," the blonde haired one spoke, "We need to leave while he is wounded, he won't chase us in this state."

Agent 12 narrowed his eyes at the two strange creatures, his instincts telling him they weren't hostile. Yet, his mind had yet to cope with the fact that the two creatures were intelligent and spoke in perfect English.

"What are you?" Agent 12 murmured, trying to calm his racing heart.

"Mermen," Marcus spoke, a single brow raised.

Agent 12 frowned. There was something odd about this particular merman. He seemed awfully familiar with his silver eyes and white hair. As if he had seen him in one of his missions, yet he couldn't place that face anywhere. Nonetheless he wouldn't have been able to see him, a tail on land would never have been able to get more than two feet on land before some internet addict would post it on YouTube just so they become internet famous.

"Who are you?" Marcus murmured, his silver eyes peering at him beneath his lashes.

"Agent 12," he responded gruffly.

Marcus huffed, "That's not a real name! It's not like you're some type of James Bond," he muttered.

Agent 12 blinked in confusion, "You've seen James Bond movies?"

"Yes," Marcus deadpanned, "The ones with Daniel Craig."

"H-how?"

The merman didn't respond, instead he turned to the blonde haired merman, "Go to Caspian and Caspian only, bring him here." Quickly, the merman disappeared, leaving him with Marcus. "Alright," he spoke in a stern voice, "What is your real name and how did you end up here?"

"That's confidential  information," Agent 12 murmured before hissing at the pain that pulsed through his shoulder.

Hands tore at the expensive suit, exposing his skin to the cold night air.

Marcus inhaled sharply, "Jesus Christ."

Agent 12 knew what was going on. He was slowly bleeding out, his heart slowing with each pump of blood. Worst of all, he could feel his vision darken, the worried features of the young man disappearing behind a veil of unconsciousness.

******

Roni could her himself mentally scream as his tail pushed him further.

A human!

Everything that Ava forbade him to do and the one time she let's him break one of her rules, he immediately bumps into the infamous two legged monsters.

He wanted to run to Ava and tell her everything. Yet, the rather commanding tone in Marcus's voice forced him to burst into Caspian's study.

"Your Royal Majesty!" he cried, his voice high with fear. A pair of guards immediately appeared in front of him pointing their spears in his direction.

"That's enough. Let him in," King Caspian ordered. The guards receded, dark eyes watching him closely.

Roni trembled, fear clogging his throat. He wanted to speak out but the terrifying image of the human still fresh in his mind.

"Well? Speak up," Caspian barked.

"Master Marcus said you need to come to the surface. He says it's urgent," Roni blurted, keeping his tears at bay.

With firm movements, the king rose, "Take me," he commanded.

Oh how Roni wanted to disobey the command and swim into Ava's kind embraces, but once again he was forced to comply with the Onyx's requests.

When their heads broke the surface, they were greeted with a sight that chilled Roni to the bones.

Blood covered the human's bare chest and Marcus's tattooed arms. Slender hands applied pressure to the wound, using the man's clothes.

"What is this?" Caspian said coldly.

Relief crossed Marcus's features. "Caspian. Thank goodness. It seems we've encountered another human," Marcus said sheepishly before worry crossed his features, "I'm afraid the poor man has lost so much blood."

"Let him die," Caspian said plainly.

"Caspian!" Marcus cried, "This is serious!"

Roni slowly backed away, wanting to return to the safety of the ocean but a glare from the king made him freeze in his spot.

"Please Caspian. The god is telling me that he has to stay," Marcus begged.

God? Roni thought. This was something that Ava should definitely know about.

"Slave," Caspian spoke, "Return to the palace and go to the east quarters and ask for Queen Aceso and Morgan. Now."

I went from being a slave to Onyx's royal messenger, Roni thought to himself before slipping back into the waters to save a human that could quite possibly bring the downfall of his people.

Vote & Comment!

Who should I draw next?