Chapter 2; Deeper I Fall

The journey home was the exact same as the joruney there.  No words , not even looks, were exchanged between Will and I.  Dad was in a mood with Sarah for going off out of sight but in all fairness, she was 18, just a year older than me and I'm sure she could cope fine on the beach.  

"You don't know what kind of people are on the beach, don't leave my sight again," Dad moaned, pulling into the drive. 

"Dad, I'm 18 and I was with Will anyway.  Stop being so ridiculously protective, URGHH!" Sarah slammed the car door and Will wasn't even out of the car before she was up in her bedroom.  

By this time, Dad was about to explode.  He didn't like to see us grow up and for as long as I can remember, he never did.  Dad used to hate our birthdays.  I think he was just scared of being alone and he knew at some point he was going to be , after all, he did lose mum and that teared him apart.  

Sunbathing for hours really didn't come with a good tan, it came with scorching sunburn and it hurt to even move it.  Since I couldn't do much else, I decided to just play my keyboard in my room, try and get better.  Playing away on my keyboard, I could hear the creeks of the floorboards outside my room and it was jus then that I had remembered that I had left my bedroom door open.  I was greeted by a handsome figure standing at my doorway.  

"You're really great," he smiled, leaning against the doorway.  

"You shouldn't have been listening," I said, making my way over to shut the door on his face when it was stopped by Will's foot.  

"Let me in," he said.  

"No," I groaned, pushing the door against his foot.  

"Just hear me out." 

"Alright," I sighed, letting him into my room.  

Will took a seat on my bed, making himself comfortable.  He looked around my room, contemplating his surroundings and it was almost as if he was doing an inspection.  

"I'm just about to go home anyway, I've said bye to Sarah so don't worry, I won't be staying too long," he finally spoke.  

"Then what is it you want to say?" I said, putting my long,chestnut hair into a pony tail.  

"Why do you hate me so f*cking much?" he sighed.  

Hate you?! Hate you?! I adore the ground you walk on.  I far from hate you.  I love you. I worship you.

"
I don't hate you," I began to fidget with my hands.  

"Oh yeah?  Then why do you always talk to me as if I'm shit? You know, Vanessa, I'm trying really hard to like you but it's kind of complicated when you don't even try to get to know me.  I'm your sister's boyfriend, I'm going to be here a lot and I just, I want to get to know you because maybe one day, we'll be family," he went off in a rant.  

"You seriously want to be with my sister when she's probably cheating on you?" I inquired.  The words were out my mouth too fast before I could stop them.  They seemed to do that a lot with me.  

"I knew you were listening," he shook his head.  

"It's kind of hard not to." 

"I like her a lot you know and I trust that she isn't cheating," he said, again, running his fingers through his hair.  

"Do you love her?" I asked, now seeming intrigued.  

"W-w-what kind of question is that?" he stuttered.  

"A simple one," I tried to copy him by raising an eyebrow.  

Will quickly checked his watch and then stood up.  

"Well, I'm going to head now.  Are you going to try and get to know me? For Vanessa's sake as much as mine," he half-smiled.  

"Fine," I rolled my eyes as if I wasn't getting butterflies at just the thought of talking to him.  

With that, Will made his way outside into his pick-up truck that he had left there from last night.  I watched him from my window and he must have caught my stare as he waved me off.  

For two weeks, that was the last i saw of Will.  Sarah said that he was busy at work and had other things to do but I wasn't too convinced.  It was only until one night when I was writing an essay for English that I heard a car pull up outside.  Usually I'd just ignore it but something drew me to the window.  I flung my jotter down and made my way over to the window.  It was a guy, I thought it was Will.  I had missed him so much and something deep inside of me wanted to run down them stairs, run out into the front garden and hug him and never let go.  But that was just stupid.    

I watched from my window as he walked into the house and I could hear Sarah greeting him at the door.  Dad was out at the pub with his friends so it was really just Sarah and I that had stayed in the house that day.  

"How have you been?" I heard a deep  voice inquire.  

Oh, Will's voice must have changed a bit in the past few weeks.

"Alright.  Let's go up to my room, only Vanessa is in," I heard Sarah and himcome up the stairs.  

"I've missed you," he said, his voice getting louder as he was growing closer to my door.  

I've missed you too, Will, oh so much.  

"
Yeah, well I've missed you," Sarah put on her innocent voice.   

I left Will and Sarah to get on with it and didn't bother greeting Will even though I hadn't seen him in weeks.  I still remembered my promise to be nice to him though but the only thing that worried me was "What if I end up making it too obvious that I am crazy for him?!" 

All night all I could hear was Will and Sarah giggling and laughing, much more than usual though.  It was getting pretty late and dad wasn't even expected home anytime soon but I had imagined Will must have been.  He'd have usually gone home at that time, 2am.  The noises from Sarah's room became more and more odd and it was killing me.  

"I bet they are at it and I'm just sit here doing a stupid English essay while she is making love to the boy I love," I groaned, slamming my books shut with anger.   

"Sarah has been clearly cheating on Will, she's that type of girl and..." I stopped ranting as things seemed to fall into place.   

THAT IS NOT WILL! 

I
swung open my door and leaped across the hall to Sarah's room, my heart going at 100mph.  

"Woah!" Sarah screamed, as I flung her door open.  

"Jesus!" the mysterious guy cried, leaping from the bed.   

Before me stood a half-naked (not to forget to mention, quite hot) guy that I could have sworn was in my PE class.  Sarah's eyes were popping out of her head.  She pulled the covers up more, covering her body.  

The room was filled with an awkward silence until I finally built up confidence to speak.  

"So where is Will then, huh?" I asked, giving Sarah a glare of disappointment.  

"He's... He's working," she stuttered, giving the hot guy in boxers a glare hinting that he was to get out.  

"Oh," he said, pulling on clothes and sliding past me at the door.  

"Why has he been working 2 weeks straight and you've not seen him at all?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.  

"He's trying to pay off my debt for the new car I bought," she said, her voice clogging up with guilt.  

"Sarah!"I yelled. 

"Don't tell him, please," she begged, standing up from the bed with the covers still wrapped around her.  

My stomach churned and I felt my heart sink.  She was my sister and I not only wanted the best for her but I wanted the best for Will.  But what was the best? Telling him that he is better off without her or saying nothing and let him be made a full of repeatedly.  

"Well? Are you going to tell him or not?"