Chapter 8; Accusations

A short time had passed before no other than my sister entered the room with a face almost unrecognisable.

The soft, innocent features of Sarah had been replaced with sharp eyes of intense bitterness and despair. Her eyes were fixated on me.

"You'll pay for killing her," she said, her upper lip twitching in rage.

"Sarah, what are you talking about?" I just managed to get the sentence out.

"Mum. She's gone. And it's because of you!" she yelled whilst her boyfriend wrapped his arms around her.

This was it all along. Her rage, her anger, it wasn't cause of me and Will at all.

"Listen to me, I loved her just as much as anyone, if not more!" I screamed, the tears making their way down my dusty face.

"When you came along, you ruined everything. She couldn't handle you. You were an unwanted mistake and I wish it was you that was gone."

Those words cut me like a thousand knives. They ached my every bone and tortured my ears. I always knew Sarah didn't like me but I never knew to what extent.

"You deserve to suffer!" she screamed in my face.

"Suffer? Suffer?! I suffer everyday without her. She wouldn't want this from you, Sarah! She wouldn't want this. Look what you are doing!"

Her boyfriend smirked and pulled her away from me.

"Hey, you're okay. I'll see that she's gone," he said, kissing her on the forehead as her long locks covered half of her wild looking face.

"No," she took a look through her rat tails-like hair at my face, " I want to do it myself." 

Those words sent shivers down my spine. My already wretched body was losing all energy to fight. At this moment, I could not accept my own death or Will's. I had no time to reflect on my mother's death. No time to come to terms with my sister's hatred despite her overwhelming jealousy. I just had no time. I had to survive.

"About time you had a haircut," her boyfriend grabbed a pair of scissors from simple wooden table.

"You touch any part of me with them and I swear, it will be the last thing you do," I finally built up a fight in me.

"Ooooh, we'll do the threats around here, Vanessa," he laughed, approaching me.

Sarah stood in the shadows with a wild look and a fierce grin painted on her face. Who even was she?

He began chopping as I struggled in my chair. I screamed as loud as I could before Sarah charged at me with a cloth and wrapped it around my mouth.

" Right, where's the petrol?" she asked, looking around.

"It was over..." just as her boyfriend pointed, he was taken aback.

The petrol had obviously disappeared.

"I swear it was over there, Sarah," the fierceness in his voice changed to panic.

"Don't mess with me here..." Sarah was growing agitated.

"Just get the lighter then," he said as he stopped cutting my hair and began rumaging for a lighter.

"It's gone. I swear I put everything over by the cupboard door."

Just as Sarah opened the cupboard door, a tall figure burst out, pushing her to the ground.

Her boyfriend immediately grabbed the scissors from his pocket and ran at the figure.

It was no other than Will. He was alive and he was putting up a fight.

Whilst Will and Sarah's boyfriend fought, I stood up as my feet weren't tied with the chair still attached to me. I seen Sarah rise from the ground, dazed and confused. I swung the chair around, forcing her to the ground yet again and turned around to see that Sarah's boyfriend had Will at scissor point on the ground.

"There was a reason why she chose me, " her boyfriend said, with his arm across Will's neck.

Will glanced at me a sorry look. My heart melted. I stayed in the shadows, quickly trying to work out a way to save Will.

I heard a moan as Sarah rose from the ground. She picked up a crow bar that lay next to her and launched it at me but as I ducked, it powerfully hit her boyfriend in the back of the head, knocking him to the ground as he threw the scissors.

Sarah wasn't finished. She came charging at me with rage in her eyes. Will leaped to the ground and grabbed me, flinging me out of her aim.

He grabbed Sarah and pushed her straight back into the closet.

"Vanessa, smash the chair off the wall!" he said, holding against the door.

I ran at the wall turning to my back as I hit the wall and the chair broke in two.

"Now come to me," he whispered.

Still holding the door, he drew out the scissors that Sarah's boyfriend had flung and cut the rope from my hands.

He took the rope, opened the door and grabbed the wild Sarah before she made a run.

I pinned her down, my heartbreaking as I looked at her as he tied her hands together.

"You need help," he said, shaking his head in shame.

She almost growled at him.

We shut the door on her and together, made for the exit.

We could see daylight approaching.