Chapter 2.5; Telling Will

"How could you ?!" I exclaimed, the rage boiling inside of me.   

Will was so perfect.  He would have never have done what Sarah had done.   Sarah wrapped her covers around her, as if she were trying to bury herself.  But she was.  She was always like that.  She was trying to bury herself so she didn't have to face her problems.  

"I'm your sister,Vanessa! Please, don't tell him," she cried, laying back on her bed.  

"If you don't tell him," I paused as she sat upright on the bed,"Then I will."  

With those last words, she fell back onto the bed again, weaping.   I couldn't bare the thought of her.  I could hardly look at her.  How could you take something so amazing for granted ? I walked out the door with my head hung low in disappointment.  

"It was one time!" she called as I left.  

"One time too many!" I replied, entering my bedroom.  

The sunlight struck through a crack in my curtains.  I could hear dad downstairs with the radio on, probably reading his newspaper and eating his breakfast but I also heard the loud giggling and voices of people next door, Sarah's room.  I only hoped she wasn't having that sleeze of a guy back in the house.   

I grabbed my hair brush and a band and flung my hair up in a messy bun and making my way across the hall in my short-shorts and tank top.  I was standing outside Sarah's bedroom when my heart sunk to my belly, the horrible sweat in my palms and lump in my throat.  

I turned the handle, although it was rather hard with sweating palms.  I pushed the door open and to my utter shock seen Will and Sarah lying on the bed.   

"Hey,Vanessa," Sarah gave a sarcastic sort of smile.  

"Why do you look so shocked, as if you have seen a ghost?" Will looked confusingly at me.  

"Uh," I stuttered, "It's just it has been so long since I've seen you. How have you been?" 

"Oh, I know, been working hard for your sister here," he giggled and kissed down her neck, making her riggle.  

Oh how I envied her.  How I envied her perfect golden hair, her thin luscious lips, her piercing blue eyes and such a thin body.  I also envied her position.  Her relationship.  I wanted to have my neck kissed.  I wanted to be able to feel Will's hands around my waist and rest my head on his muscular chest, comforting me as I doze off next to him in a bed.  

Stop it,Vanessa.  He's too good for you.

I turned on my heel and walked straight out of that door.  There was only one person who could make this situation even the slightest bit better for me,  my bestfriend, my only friend...Dad.  

"Morning gorgeous," Dad widened his eyes as he glanced at me from behind his newspaper 

"Was that sarcasm?" I narrowed my eyes but letting out a small giggle afterwards.

"Of course not.  You could wear a binbag and still look decent," he smiled proudly.  

"Thanks dad but if that's your way of asking me to take the bins out then you should probably try something else," I said, scoffing a piece of leftover toast.  

"Now would be good," he shot me a look that warned of the consequences if I didn't do as he asked.  

"Yes dad," I sighed, making my way out to the front door with a binbag.  

Now I know why he used the term "binbag" when he was complimenting me.  That sneaky, sneaky man.

The weather was surprisingly not too bad but carrying a binbag to a bin was rather revolting and dad knew just how much I hated it.  I cursed as I made my way down the path but I heard footsteps following behind.   

"You look like you're having fun," a deep sexy voice spoke.  Clear Will's.  

"Oh yeah, great fun," I said sarcasticaly.  

"Where are you going?"  

"Your sister said she needed space so I thought I'd head into town for a few things and get some lunch," he paused," wanna come?" 

"Looking like this? You're going to have to wait for me," I cried, running into the house to quickly get ready.  

Not once did it occur to me that my sister said she wanted "space" to Will.  Pulling on my best pair of denim shorts and my tank top, I hopped along the hallway to my sister's room.  

"Can I come in?" I asked, basically falling through the door.  

I opened the door to see Sarah sitting, staringly blankly at her bedroom wall.  

"What have you said to Will?" I inquired, still trying to put my clothes on.  

"I just told him I needed space.  He is going into town are you going with him?" she turned to me quickly.  

"Yeah, how did you know?" 

"You never get dressed unless you are going somewhere," she vaguely smiled.  

"But I'm glad you are getting to know him, just wish you could've done it before we were about to break up.   I need you to do me a favour.  Can you tell him? I think it's for the best," Sarah's head dropped to the ground.

"Sure," I said, making my way out of the door.  

Will sat in the pickup, tapping his hands on his steering wheel to a song on the radio.  He turned to see me whilst I pulled my bobble out of my hair, letting it flow softly down my shoulders.  It was like smooth waves of melted chocolate.  Will stared at me for a bit with his mouth open.  I felt flattered but I was guessing he was just in a day dream or something, no way could he have thought I looked good. 

"What?" I raised an eyebrow and let out a smirk.  

"Nothing," he shook his head and began driving.  

The car journey was rather short but all Will and I did was sing songs on the radio together.  I hated how incredibly alluring he was.  

"Right, let's go get some lunch from that little shack over there and we can sit by the beach and eat it," he smiled, leading me over to a small shack.  When he said this, it took a while to process through my head.  Was he purposely being romantic or was I reading these signs wrong?  

The beach was small and nothing compared to the one we were at a while ago and it was rather public.  The sand glistened in the Sun and everytime I made eye contact with Will, his big brown eyes would glisten in the Sun. 

"So how's you and my sister?" I asked, taking a lick of my ice cream.  

"Urm, honestly? We're pretty bad," he sighed, taking a seat next to me on the beach.  

The waves softly swished onto the sand.  Kids were building sand castles and owners were walking their dogs, whilst I sat with my sister's boyfriend, the guy I was hopelessly in love with, about to break some horrific news to him.  

"What's the problem?" I inquired, narrowing my eyes as the Sun was so bright.  

"I've been working my ass of for her to pay the debt off for her new car.  She was far too scared to tell your dad so I helped her out of it.  I hadn't seen her in 2 weeks because of that but she didn't even want to see me.  I tried to see her, Vanessa, I phoned every night for her but she always said she wasn't feeling well or she was too busy.  Then, to top things off, she is always texting someone who she claims to be her 'friend' and she always excuses herself from my house or whenever we are doing something and doesn't tell me where she is going," Will accidentally crushed his ice cream cone with anger.  

"But when I asked if you loved her, you couldn't say it, why?" Will's face turned blank.  

"Because I don't.  I did.  I really did, but she has made me fall out love with her over time, I sound awful," Will put his head in his palms.  

"This makes this easier for me to say then," I was interrupted. 

"What is it?" Will sat upright, the Sun shining against his lightly tanned skin.  

"She cheated on you, Will.  With that guy that's in my English class that nobody knows. She's younger than her, I know.  Sarah also wanted me to tell you that it's for the best that you guys are over and-" Will interrupted again.  

"I knew it! I f*cking knew it!" He banged his fist off of the bench.  

"Look, Vanessa, this doesn't change anything between us, okay? I'm still going to be your friend.  It only changes Sarah and I's relationship," he sighed.  

The look of discontent on his face was heartbreaking.  He stared hopelessly down the beach with his head resting on his hand.  I wanted to hug him so badly.  The timing would be so right.  He was upset.  He was single.  It wouldn't matter and I did it.  I slowly leaned it and wrapped my arms around him.  At first, he pulled back to look at me and then grasped me in his arms.  

"It's okay," I whispered.  

"I know," he sighed, resting his head on mine.  

Oh the perks of being tiny. 

Will and I decided to go a walk through a small woodland that we found on our journey back.  He said he wanted to get to know me a little better and make up for that long time he missed out on not getting to know me.  

"So tell me about your piano skills," he said as we walked into the woods.  

"Well, I have been playing for 10 years," I smiled.  

" Fantastic.  It's really impressive."  

"What do you do as a hobbie?" I asked, looking intrigued. 

"Well as weird as this sounds I love literacy and poetry," he turned bright red.  

He found it embarrassing but I found it incredibly cute.  

"Weird? That's lovely." 

"Who do you like-like or love?" he winked at me.  

Not you, anyway.

Wait, no.  You!  Infact, I wouldn't even say it's like-like OR love.  It's incredibly, insanely in love.  Like everytime I see you, I melt kind-of love.  You, Will! It's always been you and always will be you.  You! You! You! 

"No one," I shrugged my shoulders.  

"Bound to be someone.  You can tell me, who's the lucky guy?" he said as we approached the end of the woodland.  

"Lucky? Yeah because a poor innocent guy is totally lucky having a loner, plain-jane, loud girl like me liking them.  Don't think so, Will," I laughed, turning back with him.  

"You are definitely not plain-jane," he stopped and turned to me.  

I rolled my eyes as if what he was saying did not effect me at all, but that's just the thing.  It did.  It totally did.  Everything he said did.  The whole walk consisted of nothing but exchanging personal things about each other but I didn't understand why.  I didn't understand why he would want to get to know his EX-girlfriend's sister.