Chapter 3; Sarah's Gone

I came home that night after a long walk with Will to find my sister sobbing to my dad in the living room.  I didn't understand why she was sobbing, after all, she was the one who broke HIS heart.  

"He cheated on me, dad, he's just so pathetic," she cried into dad's arms but took an evil glance at me.  
My blood boiled, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck and my heart was pounding violently against my chest.  The anger was overflowing inside of me.  Why would she make up such lies? But then it hit me.  Dad frowned upon cheating, absolutely frowned upon it.  If Sarah had told him she had cheated then she would have been deprived of her precious social life and never allowed to see a guy ever again.  But how low can you get with blaming Will for cheating?  I knew dad would just flip.  

"That boy didn't know what he had.  I thought he was a good guy all along but he's nothing but... but.. scum!" dad said, rising from the sofa.  

"You are nothing but a minipulative little liar,Sarah!" I screamed, launching myself at her.  

Uh oh, the bomb exploded.

"Get off of me you stupid bitch!" she yelled back, pushing me so hard, I fell to the floor.  

"Dad! Will did nothing! He was working to pay for her debt, she was too scared to tell you and she was the one that cheated! She cheated dad, not Will! It was all her, I caught them.  She's not the victim, Will is!" I yelled, tears coming down my face. 

I was never ever this emotional, especially not over any guy but she had gone too far.  

"How dare you!" Sarah launched herself at me, forcing me back onto the floor.  

Dad stood there hopelessly, obviously panicing.  Sarah was pulling my hair and I was scratching her face.  The last time one of these fights had happened was when Sarah&I were 11 years old.  

"STOP!" dad yelled, with a look of discontent on his face.  

I hated that look.  I hated making dad disappointed or upset, it was unfair.  Sarah got up from the floor and stood with her arms crossed, facing dad.  

"Do you really believe her dad?" Sarah scowled at me.  

"I... I don't quite know what to believe.  Sarah you know how close I was to Will, he was like a son and you know how much I frown upon cheating&lying," he looked at Sarah with a look of disappointment.  

"I'm so out of here!" Sarah yelled and she stormed out.   

I sat on the floor with tears streaming down my warm cheeks, curled in a ball with sore bones.  Sarah was a great fighter.  She was always much stronger than me and she knew my weaknesses.  I didn't say anything.  I just silently weaped.  

"I know you're telling the truth, Vanessa, you never get that angry unless you are," dad came over and put his arms around me.  

"I just can't believe my daughter who I had so much trust in and thought I raised well, does the one thing that absolutely disgusts me."  

I looked up to see dad's big sparkly green eyes staring down on me, behind his old fashioned glasses.  I really loved that guy.  He was all I really had.  

Dad lifted me onto the couch and got me some paracetemol.  I felt so guilty.  I ruined my sister's relationship with my dad and I felt already pretty guilty about being hopelessly in love with her ex-boyfriend.  

"I'm leaving and don't expect me to come back, Trevor is picking me up," Sarah came into the living room with a packed suitcase.  

"Trevor?" dad inquired. 

"Oh so that's his name," I peeked up from the couch. 

"Who is this Trevor guy,Sarah? Ah, so you were cheating on Will?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

"What does it matter, I'm going now," she said and with that, she was zooming off in Trevor's car, I still don't understand why she didn't use hers.  Maybe the company for her car took it away because Will said he wasn't paying for her debt, I hope that's the case.