Chapter 7.5; The Convict

It was him. It was Sarah's boyfriend standing in front of me with piercing blue eyes that felt as though they cut my soul. 

"Surprised?" he inquired with a menacing grin smothering his already demonic looking face. 

The fear in me had not yet subsided but was only spurred on more by the shock rather than surprise that I felt upon witnessing my sister's current boyfriend. 

He was tall and thin with ash blonde hair that was clearly distinguishable. I knew then that the mastermind behind this , was in fact , my own flesh and blood...my sister. 

"Now, Vanessa, the less you fight, the easier this will be, do you understand me ?" he said, taking a draw of a cigarette that was placed between his filthy hands. 

"What have you done with Will?" I demanded, completely avoiding his question. 

"He's in safe hands." 

"You sicken me!" I spat as his smile grew wider. 

He shook his head, still with a cunning smile and sat on a stool in front of me. My arms were bound to the back of the chair by some blue rope and my legs were chained to a bolt on the floor. This was well planned and well thought out. 

I was still in disbelief that my sister could ever do this to me. Jealousy and greed had severed what I thought was her harmless personality and replaced it with a vengeful and ruthless girl that I wish I didn't have the misfortune of knowing let alone being related to. 

"Now, we wait..." He flung the ash from the ashtray over me and laughed a piercing cackle. 

My lungs were filled with the vulgar dust as I coughed hopelessly. 

"Wait for what?" I struggled to get the words out. 

"Sarah, of course. She'll be here once she is done with Will." He lit yet an other cigarette, obviously in hope that it would make him look like some mafia culprit from the God Father. 

"You don't scare me," I forced a smile. 

"We'll see about that. Besides, after what you have done, you deserve this," he raised his upper lip in a scowl. 

"What? Been with Will? Surely if she has you, she shouldn't be so concerned about that. It's been a long time after all." 

He narrowed his eyes as I spoke before bursting into laughter. 

"You really think that is why? God, that's amusing. Don't pretend like you don't know," he cackled yet again. 

"No, You've lost me. I don't understand any of this. And get this ash off of me, you vulgar idiot!" I yelled as it fell from my eyelashes into my aching eyes. 

"Awww, is poor Vanessa hurt? Not the only person that was hurt, is it now ?" he paced up and down the room. 

"Sarah was hardly hurt when Will chose me. She was sneaking about with you, after all. Untie me!" I squealed. 

"Stop pretending you don't know!" he yelled, grabbing a cloth and stuffing it in my mouth. 

I struggled to get him off me but he was far too persistent.  

My lungs were clogged with ash whilst my mind was clogged with thoughts of what I could have possibly done that had turned my sister so bitter. So much so that she had her boyfriend literally abusing me.