I remember when he asked me to marry him.

Author's Note: It abouta get real up in 'ere. Real cliche... *sigh* And then SERIOUSLY real... *wipes tear* don't worry this shouldn't make you cry YET unless you're real easy triggered... Just you wait... *laughs deviously* ok I'm done... just read.

I remember when he asked me to marry him.

"C'mon Mark, you know I don't like hikes."

"You'll like this one."

"Since we're already here..."

They hiked up into the forest, and Mark had a box in his backpack. Mark was really nervous, but it was their one and a half year anniversary, and he already knew he wanted to spend his entire life with Jack.

Soon, they reached their destination.

It was amazing. There were five crystal clear waterfalls splashing down into a small lake. The rock around the waterfalls was a beautiful red color, and it was covered in green and yellow moss that flowered out in gorgeous swirls. In the middle of the lake rested a rocky island, and on the island lay a pavilion made of gorgeous red wood. Yellow flowers grew on it, and they were almost part of the pavilion, woven through the intricate wood. A bridge of rocks connected the island to where Mark and Jack stood.

"Wow." Jack's voice was soft, and full of awe.

Mark chuckled.

"Told you you'd like this hike."

He grabbed Jack's hand and they walked across the rocks, eventually reaching the pavilion. Then, Mark took Jack's hands in his, and knelt down, searching in his backpack.

"Wha- what is this Mark?"

Mark only smiled and pulled out the small red velvet box. He opened the box, on one knee. Jack's eyes grew wide as he realized what was happening.

"Jack McLaughlin, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Jack held in a squeal, not wanting to sound like a high school girl. His eyes teared up, and his face nearly hurt from how much he was smiling.

"Yes!"

Mark's grin matched Jack's, and he took Jack's hand gently, slipping the engagement ring onto his finger.

Then he stood up, and they shared a sweet kiss before Mark encircled Jack's small frame in his arms. They both cried tears of joy, and they just stood there for a while, encircled in each others arms.

Afterwards, they ran around on the rocks under the waterfalls, getting all wet.

"Catch me if you can Jackaboy!" Mark skipped across the rocks.

Jack laughed, chasing after him.

Then, Mark stepped on the next rock. It wobbled.

Mark slipped on the wet surface, and fell.

Jack started to laugh at him, but Mark wasn't moving.

Jack ran over.

There was blood in Mark's hair.

He screamed, shaking Mark.

"Wake up Mark! Please wake up! Please!"

He felt Mark's neck, and he felt a steady pulse. He sighed a little, but he was shaking. He tried to lift Mark up, but he wasn't strong enough. Jack pulled out his phone and called 911.