I remember that tired smile.

Author's Note: If you didn't cry yet, brace yourself. The original title of the chapter was a total spoiler. I like this one better. Go ahead... Go cry my child...

I remember that tired smile.

It has been a month. Mark had felt fine the first two weeks, but his Heath had started to deteriorate rapidly after that. The cancer was taking effect. He had started chemotherapy, and his hair, his beautiful soft raven colored hair had started to fall out. Mark hated it, he hated everything now.

Mark hated how weak he felt, how he had to stay in bed all day, how he couldn't move much or do anything for himself. He hated the pity. He hated not having a purpose, not being able to be productive. He hated not contributing to the world. He hated how Jack came to see him every day, and how he always looked terrible. He just wanted it to end.

"Mark?" Jack walked in to his hospital room.

"Hi Jack."

"Hi..."

Jack looked especially bad today. His blue eyes were dull, and his green hair was matted on his head. He had enormous bags under his eyes, and they were puffy from crying. He looked like he hadn't shaved in a week, and Mark realized he was wearing Mark's sweatshirt. It was dirty, and it looked like Jack hadn't taken it off in a long time.

It broke Mark's heart to see Jack like this, like he had given up. Mark hated himself for doing this to Jack, and all he wanted was for Jack to be happy again.

Jack walked over to Mark's bed and sat down next to him. Mark pulled Jack into a hug, and used all the strength in his weak arms to keep his hug firm and comforting. Jack was shaking again, but not crying. It was as if all the tears had already been squeezed out of him, and Mark could tell his already tiny body had lost weight.

Eventually, Mark pulled away and held Jack's arms, just like he had before their first real kiss.

"Jack. Listen to me ok? You can't do this to yourself. You need to eat, you need to take care of yourself! For me, ok?"

Mark's cancer had almost taken more of a toll on Jack than Mark.

Jack nodded.

Then, Mark kissed him again. One last time.

It was sweet, and too short.

When he pulled away, Mark smiled a tired smile at Jack.

"You have to keep on moving ok? Don't give up. I'm not worth that."

Jack could only nod.

"It's ok, we have two months right?"

Mark just smiled at him again.

Later that day, after Jack had left, Mark picked up his phone. He sent three last texts to Jack. He ripped the IV tube, using one of the instruments on a table beside his bed. Then, he used all his remaining energy to get up and walk to the bathroom. He used the bar of the shower and tied the IV tube he had ripped off onto it, making a loop. Then, he stuck his head through. He smiled one last time.

As the world slowly darkened, he thought one more time. He was doing this for Jack. He couldn't keep coming to see Mark every day, losing sleep from worry. He needed to move on, and Mark was just helping him. He was helping Jack.