I remember when I got the text.

Author's Note: If you were wondering, the original title of the last chapter was "I remember the last time I came in to see him" spoiler much? Can I even write bruh? Well let's get going with the story then... OH DEAR GOD JUST CRY ALREADY! Go on...

I remember when I got the text.

Mark: Jack, you need to stop worrying about me. You need to live your life and move on. It was going to happen eventually anyways. I hate not being to DO anything. At this point, I'm just a burden to everyone, including myself. Jack...

Mark: I'm sorry

Mark: Goodbye

Those seven letters destroyed Jack inside.

He ran. He ran to his car, and he drove. He went over the speed limit, going as fast as he could. He pulled into the hospital and ran inside, rushing past the front desk as the lady tried to ask if he had an appointment. He ran up the stairs, ignoring the people calling after him. He ran toward Mark's room, and just as he reached the hallway, two burly men grabbed his arms, holding him back.

"Sir, you must calm down."

"I NEED TO SEE HIM!" Jack was screaming, his voice cracking, as he fought with all his might against the guards. He couldn't breath.

"Sir-"

Suddenly, Mark's nurse stepped out of his hospital room door, her face entirely white. She saw Jack, and she spoke quietly.

"Let him through."

"But Jane..."

"Let him through!"

"That's against protocol..."

"Protocol be damned! Let this man through RIGHT NOW."

The normally sweet nurse was so adamant, that the security guards let go of Jack, and he was running again. He was in Mark's room, and then he was in the bathroom. There was his Mark. There he was, and he was dead.

Jack's already broken world had fallen to dust. Jack collapsed to his knees, and screamed. His screams held so much pain... So much pain.

"WE HAD TWO MONTHS!"

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TA DO THIS MARK? WE WERE GOING TO GET MARRIED! WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A LITTLE GIRL NAMED SAM, AND MOVE TO A BIG HOUSE IN THE SUBURBS!"

"WHY IS THIS WORLD SO UNFAIR?"

Jack's tortured screams filled the room, and he eventually collapsed into heaving sobs on the floor. He lay there, his only movement of his body wracked with tortured sobs.

He hugged Mark's dead body, crying into the unmoving chest. The nurse had to pull him off, as the security guards came to take Mark away. Jack was still screaming, his whole body heaving with painful sobs as the nurse awkwardly patted him on the back. He nearly slapped her.

His Mark was gone...

They were supposed to have two months.