Mistakes can be Fixed CH3

Previously
We both picked one bow and some arrows and then turned and walked to a target.

Travis Stoll (POV)
As we shot arrows to the targets side by side, I basically stared at Katie when I wasn't shooting. I had some how developed an even deeper crush on this beautiful, amazing girl who goes by the name of Katie Gardner. I had a goofy grin on my face when she made a bullseye, and then I got up from where I was sitting and started shouting.

"NOW THAT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IS HOW YOU SHOOT AN ARROW! KATIE GARDNER IS PROBABLY BETTER AT SHOOTING ARROWS THAN SOME OF APOLLO'S CHILDREN!!" While I was talking, I was swinging my hands in the air, emphasizing how Katie got a bullseye and how cool it was. I turned around to Katie, and I saw her strawberry-red face giggling and smiling at me. That just made my grin get bigger and goofier! I could see the twinkle in her light, but striking green eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Mr. Troll? Why by the looks of it I'd think that you have a CRUSH on me!!" Katie said to me about a minute after we were just gazing into each other's eyes. I try not to become as red as a tomato and respond with "You? Definitely not! I'd never have a crush on you Gardner Gnome!" I immediately regret saying that as I see the obvious hurt look on her face as her giggling stops and the smile falls from her face. I hear a quiet 'oh.' come from her as she turns around to put her bow up. It took me a few seconds to realized what mistake I just made, but when I regained my senses I already saw her run back to her Cabin.

"What the HADES did you just do Travis? I can't believe you would say that to her! And to think, she maybe liked you!" I basically whisper-yelled to myself. I quickly ran to the Demeter Cabin, but she was already inside and I could hear sniffles slowly fading away as she walked to the back of the Cabin. Why would she walk to the back of the Cabin, though? The only thing back there was the bathroom and the Counselors room. That's it! I would just sneak into the Counselors room! It wouldn't be that hard, I could even unlock the window if I wanted to because of my special abilities* that only my brother Connor knew about! I quickly looked around to see if anyone was watching me, and then I sneaked around to the back only to find her window already opened.

I slowly inch closer to see if I can see her or hear anything, but I am still being careful not to step on the flowers or make a sound. I am about five feet away when I hear quiet crying, obviously from Katie. I start to tear up, hating myself for saying that lie and making Katie feel this way. "I can't believe I actually thought he maybe liked me! I was joking around, and then he says that. *sniff* And I hate myself for running away like that, too! Ugh, he must think I'm such a loser now!"

As she was saying this, I looked inside her window and realized that she was turned the other way, obviously distracted from talking to herself. I quickly climbed into her room, not making a sound. As she said "..he must think I'm such a loser now!" I wrap my hands around her and say, "No, Katie-Kat, I would never think that!" She pushes me away, totally freaked out.

"How the Hades did you get into my room?!?" I shyly pointed to the open window. "I can't believe you, Travis. First you say those things and then you sneak into my PRIVATE room??" I get down on my knees in a begging stance, taking her hands, saying in a pleading tone "Katie Gardner, I didn't mean what I said at all. I was just trying to make sure that you didn't think I liked you, but I totally do. I love everything about you, but I just didn't want to ruin our friendship. I like you, Katie, a lot."
I got up halfway through saying that, and cupped her face in my hands, wiping away her tears with my thumb. She starts to tear up again, an has the smile on her face that I absolutely love an adore. "I have had a crush on you ever since I came to camp and you accidentally ran into the prank me and Connor made for Chiron. It has become a massive crush over the years, and now I am finally telling you how I feel. Katie, will you be my girlfr-".

She cuts me off with grabbing my neck and pulling me to her. Our lips crash together, our mouths moving in sync. She moves her hand through my hair and I grip her waist with one hand, the other rubbing her back. The kiss lasted for the longest time, until she pulled away, and whispered in my ear "Travis, of course, yes I will be your girlfriend. I've been waiting you to ask that since we were 13." I then engulf her in a hug and I purposely fall, making her landing on top of me. We land with a big thud, but we didn't care, we were finally together. We are still hugging when Miranda opens the door. She squeals and yells "FINALLY. YOU TWO STAY RIGHT THERE ILL BE RIGHT BACK."

I burst out laughing as Katie furiously blushes as Miranda runs away to do what ever she's gonna do. Katie stands up and holds out her hand, using her incredible strength to pull me up with her. We are now holding hands, just gazing at each other and taking in everything that has happened in the last 10 minutes. I then pull her to her bed, Me leaning against the wall, pulling her so her back is against me. She rests her head in the crook of my neck and shoulder and I wrap my hands around her, kissing her head in the process.

We stay in that position for about 5 minutes when we hear the Cabin door swung open and a whole bunch of footsteps running to Katie's room. The door bursts open, and Miranda and Connor are at the front. Me and Katie look behind them and our faces go red once we see the about 15 people staring at us sitting on the bed with the biggest goofy smiles. I hear the click of a camera and turn back to Connor, seeing him with a small monster-proof camera in his hand. He looks at me and yells "HOLY APHRODITE, YOU TWO ARE FINALLY TOGETHER! I CANT BELIEVE IT TOOK 5 YEARS FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!"

Then the 15 people behind them start to cheer and clap. I can feel Katie start to squeeze my hand tighter. I move her long wavy red hair and kiss her neck to calm her, also to satisfy the small crowd of people still looking at us. She turns her head to look up at me and says "Thank you for making me so happy." She then turns to the group and surprisingly, she says to them in a polite and calm tone "Yes yes I know, he finally got the courage to ask me out. Know can you please give us some alone time? I mean we JUST got together and you guys are making this pretty awkward."

Miranda got the message and yells "Of course!! Out, people, everyone back to what you were doing!" and herds everyone out of the Cabin. Katie then gets up and brings me along with her to close the door. She then turns to me and lays her head on my chest, and I kiss her head/hair, us both just enjoying each other's company and bodies against each other.