End of Summer Troubles CH6

Previously
He pulls away, and whispers in my ear. "I love you too, Katie Belle Gardner." As he says that, it sends shivers down my spine. Good Gods, I am so in love with this boy.

Travis Stoll (POV)
It had been a few weeks since me and Katie first said 'I love you' to each other in the tree house, and we've gotten so used to it that there isn't twenty minutes that go by without at least two exchanges of "I love you"'s. We know go to the Tree House an watch a movie about every other day, cuddling every time. It was getting to be the end of the summertime, with only about 3 days left of summer. It saddens all of us that cold weather was coming, even though it was coming slowly.

I was walking to my second skill of the day with Connor, archery. After archery we would have lunch, and I was really looking forward to that. Anyways, Connor and I got our vows and arrows and approached (Katie has taught me some smart words) our targets. Every one in our class shot about twenty arrows, then a big horn sounded. Time for lunch!

Me and Connor put our weapons up and started heading to the Dining Pavillon when we saw Leo, our pranking partner, run up to us. (I forgot to mention that my boy Leo came back with Calypso not 5 days after the War ended) He was telling something, but taking breaths in between so we couldn't really understand. "Chiron...wants...us....to.....meet...him....at....big house.... asap!" Leo finally said to is, making sense. "Well Leo, what are we still here for??? Come on Connor, LETS GO!" I say to them with an excited look on my face, looking forward to whatever Chiron's going to tell us. We run in, but then stop dead in our tracks and see everyone who is already there, looking for Chiron. I look at everyone, knowing each and every one of them, and a smile spreads to my face.
(These are the people already there)
Katie
Miranda
Percy
Annabeth
Jason
Piper
Leo
Calypso
Hazel
Frank
Clarisse
Chris
Nico
Will
Grover
Juniper
Reyna
and then of course, the Stoll twins!

Chiron finally walks in, saying something about how the Gods are unfair with walking these children do this. "What are they making us do, Chiron?" asked Annabeth in a sweet but worried voice. Chiron sighed and looked at each and everyone of the teenagers in the room with eyes that looked like they were pleading with forgiveness. Chiron whispered a few words, and only a few demigods could hear, but you could see the color drain from their faces. Connor finally got the courage to say "What did you say..?" Chiron then looked down and closed his eyes, saying loud enough that everyone could hear "The Gods and Goddesses are making you children go to Goode High School, Percy's old high school. First were two minutes of silence, then Nico whispered a quite "what." Then, the whole room went completely bonkers. Annabeth and the rest of the girls were screaming to the sky, yelling at the Gods at how stupid they are for putting us all through the torture of High School. Katie made her way to me, crying. I immediately rushed to her, pulling her in. She was whimpering, telling me about how she got bullied at her old high school in northern New York. I just rubbed her back, speechless. I looked at Connor, and we used our power to message to each other in our minds. Connor had fear in his eyes. "That's 19 demigods/saytrs/tree nymphs in total. Not to mention the demigods who don't even know they are demigods too!" Connor was always the smarter one, he could go through about any math problem in 5 minutes. Me? about 30 minutes. Sorry, getting off track! Anyways, the girls were finally calmed down by their boyfriends. Nico was squeezing Will's hand, you could tell he was in pain. I messaged to Connor, "That's crazy. This can't be happening. Nope. I refuse to believe it." No demigod in this room had a good experience in any school. Chiron said a quick but genuine "I'm sorry" then walked out, leaving us all silent to our thoughts. Annabeth was gripping sheets of paper in her hand, then started to pass them out gravely. I got mine, but pulled Katie onto my lap and we both read hers. It was information about how we are all going to live TOGETHER on a private 10 acre ground in a gigantic house designed by Hephaestus and Athena. Their bills are all going to be paid for, and there will be no one living there except The 19 people who are also in the room. there's also going to be another empty room for what ever God or Goddess decides to visit in human form. Annabeth then told us that we might as well get packed. Katie read to me that we are all supposed to be seniors, but we were juniors because we were so behind. We would have basically two years in High School. To tell the truth, Connor and I never spent more than two days at a High School. We pranked the principle on the second day and got expelled, thankfully that was all the way in Kansas. Katie looks up at me and gives me a re-assuring smile. I have her a toothy grin and leaned down and whispered "Let's go get packed, Katie-Kat". Everyone else had the same idea, pilling out of the Big House to their Cabins to get ready for 2 years of torture.