4

I can't believe Lydia would lie to me about who's she's cheating with-- I thought we were best friends!, I thought to myself. I didn't sleep at all last night because I was just lying there, trying to think about who it might be. Is he in the pack? Liam maybe? I sighed and kept walking. I saw Scott so I walked faster, clutching my lunch bag, to try and avoid him. He'll notice if I act weird and I can't lie to him because he'll hear my heartbeat. But he still saw me.

"Malia! Wait up!" He began to jog over to me. I stopped and turned towards him.

"Hey, Scott. What's up?" I asked him. Just seeing him made me sad, how could Lydia do this to him?

"I need your advice on something." He said.

"Alright, shoot." We made our way to a bench and sat down. It was a bit cloudy today so not very many people came outside to eat lunch.

"Should I break up with Lydia?" He said casually. I started to choke on my food.

"Whoa Malia are you okay?" He patted my back.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Scott you can't just say something that surprising while someone's enjoying their meal." I answered. He laughed and took his hand off of my back.

"Alright, sorry I'll give more warning next time. Anyways, Lydia hasn't really been speaking to me for the past few weeks and she's been ignoring my texts." He told me. I considered this for a moment even though I knew what my answer was gonna be.

"I mean you probably shouldn't take any advice from me, but my answers yeah." Also she has been cheating on him so this just adds on to their relationship problems. He wrapped me in a hug.

"Thanks." We stayed like that for a while. It was weird. It wasn't like hugging Stiles, it was different. My heartbeat started to rise again so I tried to pull myself away, when I did I saw Stiles walking towards us.

"Hey guys." He had a lunch bag in his hand.

"Hey, Stiles." We both said in unison. He sat down next to me and interlaced his fingers into mine. This is what I wanted. Not Scott.

"Hey Stiles have you heard about the dance?" I asked him. He looked away.

"Yeah, but I don't know if I can go, I've got a really weird work schedule sometimes." He looked back at me, smiling, and grabbed my other hand. "Besides you don't really seem like the type to want to go to a dance."

"I've never been to a dance, I was stuck like a coyote for most of my childhood years, remember?" I answered. He sighed and then smiled at me.

"I'll see if I can go. I'll check my work schedule after school." He kissed my cheek.

"Hey, I'll take her if you can't." Scott answered. I turned to look at him and smiled. I could go alone, but I want that authentic, teenage girl experience. Even if the guy I was going with was just a friend.

"Thanks, man. But don't you have to take Lydia?" He asked.

"I think it's over between us." He replied looking away.

"Oh, that's too bad, man. You guys were good together." He put a hand on Scott's back as a sign of comfort. Stiles looked at his phone. "Shit-- I'm going to be late, I have to be at my fifth hour early today. Bye babe," he kissed the top of my head as he stood up,"Bye, Scoot." He laughed and jogged off to his fifth hour. I looked over to Scott laughing.

"Hey, Scoot." I said. He smiled and started shaking his head.

"Oh-- hey have you found out why Lydia's acting weird lately? Even if we're not going to be dating we're still gonna be best friends." He smiled.

It felt like someone stabbed me. How could she do this to Scott? Should I tell him? Or keep her secret?

"Malia? What's wrong you look sad." He put his arm around me and pulled my head to his chest as a sign of comfort. He was such a good person. I decided that I have to tell him. There's no way I could lie to him anyways, he'd hear my heartbeat.

"She's... Uh... Been seeing.... Someone." I managed to say. I felt his arm tighten around me. I looked up at him. He didn't really look sad or angry, he looked the way he always looked. I looked into his eyes to try and see what he was feeling. They showed a hint of red, meaning he was holding back from becoming a wolf. He was livid.

"So you know who it is?"

"No, she failed to mention that part." I replied.

He quickly pulled me up and started dragging me behind him.

"Scott, where are we going?" I asked him as we marched through the the hallways.

"I think I know who she's been cheating with."

(AN) Ohhhh, things are going down. I might not be able to update again today because I'm going somewhere  but I will tomorrow :)