11

"Malia Tate, you are the love of my life." Scott said as he intertwined his fingers into mine. I leaned into Scott. "I love when you do that."

"What? Lean into you?" I laughed at him. He shook his head.

"No, you're heart speeds up whenever I touch you. Like when I held your hand just now." He said to me. I blushed. It had been a few weeks since the dance and they were the best weeks of my life. Right now, I was at Scott's house watching a movie with him.

"Well, I can't control the speed of my heart but thanks." I laughed at him. He snorted.

"Hey, I wanted to give you something." He told me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace.

"Scott, no, that's too much. We've only been dating for four weeks."

"Well, these have been the best four weeks of my life. Take it." He moved my hair out of the way and pulled the necklace around my neck.

"Thank you, Scott. I feel bad about taking this though, I don't want you spending money on me."

"I didn't spend any money. It's been passed around my family for generations." He explained.

"Oh, wow. Yeah that makes it much better." I said sarcastically. He pulled me onto his lap.

"I want to make a speech, honoring this moment." He cleared his throat. "Malia Tate-- I love you,  here's a necklace symbolizing that love. How's that?"

"Really cheesy but I loved it-- and I love you." I grinned at him.

"Alright, that's enough cheesy stuff for tonight." He rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Malia, please be my daughter in law someday." I heard a voice from behind us. I turned around.

"Mom!" Scott jumped up a bit.

"I plan on it." I winked at Melissa. Scott turned and stared at me. "You know you love me."

"Malia I'm not even joking please make it happen." Melissa said.

"Mommmm." Scott groaned.

"Alright, I'm leaving. Bye Malia McCall." She left the room. I turned to Scott, his heart was beating as fast as lightning.

"Cmon, she was just joking." I laughed.

"She always scares away the people I like." He whined. I brushed his hair out of his face.

"Melissa's cool, she doesn't scare me away."

"Yeah-- you're the first." He crossed his arms. I laughed at him.

"Cmon, let's go get some food." I got off of him and helped pull him up. "Hey! Why don't we go--"

"Malia I swear to fucking god if you say go hunt deer." He groaned. "How about pizza?"

"Fine." I whined. We both headed out the door.

I wasn't that afraid of driving in cars as long as Scott was with me, I knew he would tame me if I lost control.

By the time we got to the new pizza place it was almost dark. As we were walking in I bumped into someone. "Excuse me." I said. I turned to look at him. "Wait... Theo? Oh my god!"

"Malia? Holy shit! It's been years. The last time I saw you was before the accident." Theo said to me.

"Who's this?" Scott asked warily.

"Oh, Scott! This is Theo Raeken, my best friend from when I was eight. I haven't seen him in years." I told him. "This is Scott--"

"I'm her boyfriend." He wrapped an arm around me. Is Scott being jealous right now? I leaned into Scott's touch to show him that their was nothing to worry about.