7

I couldn't take another minute of not talking to my best friend. Sure, Lydia may have had sex with my boyfriend-- but Lydia did say that she had fallen in love with him, didn't she? I couldn't blame her too much. I needed to talk with her. I had been ignoring her messages for days so I figured I had to reply sometime, why not put this behind us and be friends again? I picked up my phone but I couldn't decide on what I wanted to say to her.

Malia: hey

After about five seconds of waiting Lyda had already responded.

Lydia: Malia-- I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you

Malia: Lydia, it's alright. You love him, I can't blame you too much for this. Why don't we put this behind us and hang out today?

Lydia: thank you malia but I'll never forgive myself for this

Lydia: I'd love to hang out tho I've missed my best friend

Malia: I've missed you too lyd

Since Scott just came to my house to persuade me to go to the dance I figured we could go shop for dresses together, I wasn't really great at shopping alone anyways.

Malia: wanna go dress shopping with me?

Lydia: sure when are we going?

Malia: come to my house in 20 and we can start driving there when you get here

Even if I hated cars there was no way that I was walking to the mall. It felt nice to be talking to my best friend again.

After about 20 minutes I saw Lydia's car pull into the driveway so I jogged outside and warily pulled myself Into the passenger seat. "Hey, Lyd." It still felt like a little tension was in the air but that might've just been because I was freaking out from being inside of a car.

"Mal! It's great to see you again. So, are we heading to the mall?" She smiled at me cautiously. I smiled back at her the best I could to reassure her that all was well between us.

"Yeah, let's go." I rested my head on the back of the seat to try and calm my nerves. Conversation always helped me calm down a bit so I tried to think of things to say.

"So, you're going to the dance?" She thought of something to say to try and calm me down before I could. I was grateful, how did I survive without her?

"Yeah. I wasn't going to go but then Scott made me feel guilty and basically forced me into it." I joked. She smiled at me.

"Scott? Oooh." She winked at me. I waved her off.

"It's not like that. I wouldn't do that to you." I smiled at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Malia, I literally slept with your boyfriend. You forgave me. You wouldn't be doing anything to me compared to what I did to you. Besides I haven't had any feelings for Scott for a while." She responded. I thought about it for a bit.

"You sleeping with Stiles made me realize that he really wasn't the one for me. I should be thanking you, Lydia." I smiled at her. It was true. She waved her hand at me and shook her head. "You should go to the dance with him."

She whipped her head around and stared at me. "What?"

"You guys are pretty cute together, even I admit that. Do it. Ask him. He'll say yes." I told her.

"Malia, I couldn't do that to you." She shook her head.

"I'm telling you to do it. It would make me happy." I grinned at her. "Please."

She sighed. "Alright. Thank you, Mal. Buttt this means that you and Scott have to get together."

"What? No. I don't like him like that, Lydia. We're just friends." I lied. She laughed.