Black Cat-8

I stepped out into the hallway and bumped into somebody’s chest falling back against the locker bay, my bag hit the floor heavily. My forehead ached from where I had hit it off a solid chest, jeez it had to be one of the football players. Nervously I looked up feeling my heart skip a beat, orange eyes stared down at me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“Morning” He said waving his hand at me.

I couldn’t move, his gaze was unshakable. He crouched down reaching out to touch me, He blinked breaking the hold and I was able to push away from him scrambling away from him.

“Whoa there, listen I’m looking for a girl. Her names Sybelle. D’ya know her?” He asked tilting his head to the side.

He didn’t recognize me, good this was good. I grabbed my bag pushing to my feet and running down the hallway. I didn’t look back, I couldn’t look back. They were everywhere,

“Hey!” He shouted after me.

Sunny, Balto, the orange eyed weirdo, they were real. Running was only denying the inevitable with what I would have to face. Eventually I had to go home and deal with this whole mess. A mess I had landed myself in just by being kind hearted.

I made it to the front foyer halfway across the school before I had to lean against one of the walls to catch my breath. I was close to the office now, it was just up the hallway on my left. Moving through the hallways seemed more like a dream than anything.

I felt as though if I shut my eyes it would all vanish. Funny that my reality would become more dreamlike then plain real. I wanted to curl into a ball and cry until the dream went away and I woke up.

“Are you alright” A soft voice wrapped around my skin sending shivers down my spine.

A warm hand touched my chin lifting my head up to face a rather handsome face. His pale blue eyes were endless like the sky, he had pale white hair and skin just as fair.

“Yes, Sorry. I just lost my breath” I said forcing a smile onto my face.

“I see, well as long as you are alright” He said smiling at me before walking away.

It was refreshing to meet somebody who didn’t scare the living crap out of me. I lifted my bag back up slinging it over my shoulder, oddly enough having him ask me if I was alright really did make me feel like I was alright. I jogged off this time slower, heading towards the office.

When I pushed inside the clean looking front office with the large sheik dark brown wood desk in front of me. Stacks of paper neatly arranged in organized piles. A older looking secretary sat behind it answering calls and typing furiously into her computer.

She  paused looking up at me then pointing back towards the principal’s office which was a fogged glass door with a silver handle.

Mr. Mashaul’ was printed in fine black ink over the fogged glass.

I swallowed and headed over to the door, behind it was waiting whatever doom was laid out for my future now. Shakily I twisted the handle and pushed it open stepping inside the clean neat office of pale whites, smoke greys, and shocking blacks.

The principal stood in front of his desk holding a brown folder in his hands. His short dark brown hair was gelled over to the right covering the scar on his upper forehead. His skin was of darker colouring like mocha brown.

He smelled like day old coffee and orange flavoured Nicorette. He turned to look at me flashing a bright white smile.

“Ah Please come in come in Miss. Vertigo.” I stepped into the room nervously smiling at him.

“What exactly is this concerning Mr. Mashaul.”

“Well Miss. Vertigo, as you may have heard from your classmate’s vigorous gossip. We have an exchange student who is joining us as of today. As it turns out not only does he share your classes this semester, but you were chosen from a small group of volunteers to house exchange students.” I froze on the spot my smile cramping my cheeks as I tried not to implode on myself.

I didn’t remember volunteering to help exchange students, why hadn’t I been notified earlier! How exactly was I supposed to explain to my mum and dad why I was bringing home a stranger.

“The exchange student is Taryin Domaire, I hope you can take good care of him.” My spine stiffened as I felt a very familiar chill sweep over me.

I turned on my heel slowly facing Taryin, that name. He couldn’t be the same one. Yet there he sat orange eyed and smirking of all things. He was smirking at me as if he ahd just won some stupid game by cheating.

“But Mr. Mashaul, I can’t take in a male student!” I exclaimed turning to look at him pleading with my eyes for him to come to his sense and realize this was a huge mistake and I couldn’t possibly take care of this student.

“I’m sorry, but you checked off that either sex was alright. Taryin needs a place to stay and we don’t have anywhere else for him to go. Why don’t you two head over to your second period class. Miss Vertigo please help Taryin get well acquainted with our school” With that he dismissed me, dropping Taryins folder down on his desk sealing the deal with one cold sweep of his eyes.

My hands curled into fists and I glared over my shoulder at the orange eyed jerk that was helping in the destruction of my life. When I got home I was seriously considering having Balto neutered just for payback.

See how bossy and masculine he was when I gave him his tiny little balls in a jar. I pushed out of the office anger seething from every pore.

“Whoa!” Taryin shouted jogging out after me.

Balto had a lot to explain when I got home, like why both of his little robbers were now in my school stalking me! I was not impressed, and yet I was also impressed that a cat had come up with this plan and gotten all of it through in one night.

“Why are you and Sunny here at my school!” I shouted at him as we made it into the hallway.

“Balto’s orders are to keep you within arms-reach at all times. Which I personally don’t understand, you nearly beat my goddamn head in this morning”

“You deserved it, what did you expect breaking into my house! Just be lucky I didn’t wake my dad up he would of just killed you” I snapped turning and walking away, “I’m hoping he still might kill you”