Black Cat-14

I stared blankly at Taryin as the information sank in, I shook my head slowly at first as I stood up to face him.

“No, No freaking way. He’s just a normal guy alright. You two seriously, you’re going to use the whole animal sense of smell to tell me that everybody is a Feral of some kind-”

“Sybelle, we would not tell you unless we thought it was a threat. He also carries Sylvester’s scent on him” Balto said sitting down his black tail swishing out behind him.

Crossing my arms over my chest I glared down at him, “Prove it,” I challenged looking back up at Taryin.

His orange eyes narrowed and a dark grin crept onto his face, “With pleasure, after your dad and is buddies leave again, I’ll prove to you and then you kick him out and never speak to him got it.”

“Why do you care?” I snapped.

“Because you being a baby could get Balto, killed.” He growled stepping forward.

I narrowed my eyes at him, his shoulders tensed and he glanced at the basement stairwell. I could hear Thomas coming back up the wooden stairs with each heavy step, a lot of people were close behind him. I smiled moving out from behind the wall to stand at the mouth of the stairs.

“You stay here and keep her safe alright. We’re going to take these three to the General and see if we can find out what they wanted.” My Dads voice echoed up the stairwell.

“Sure thing, how long do you suppose it’ll take?” Tommy asked.

My father sighed heavily, “Probably a few days, Nobody touches my little girl and gets to live,” He ended with a growl.

My father came up the stairs first grinning down at me, in one long stride he moved close to me drawing me in against his chest for a tight bear hug.

“How are you doing Pook?” He asked stepping back holding my face between his hands.

I gave a weak smile and nodded my head, “I’ve been better. So what’s going to happen?”

“Well, I’m going to head back with the guys and talk with your uncle Jarred and see what we’re going to do with those three”

“What do I do?” I asked him looking around his arm as David and Farrell dragged the three men out the front door.

He pulled me back to face him again holding my shoulders tightly so I couldn’t watch them be dragged away.

“You stay here and get some rest. You know that you get sick easily and this stress won’t help you. I’m leaving Thomas here, he’ll be armed just in case.  So, no worries. Your Mom’s going to be staying in resident at the culinary college in Toronto for a week or so. I’ll probably be gone for a few days, so just be careful and call if anything happens alright?” He said his old eyes were strung with worry.

“No problem, I can handle it” I said placing my hands on his shoulders.

Slowly he let out a heavy breath and nodded his head, he released my shoulders and stood up straight looking around the main level his eyes landing on Taryin who looked just about ready to kill something. His rage and violence was almost palpable in the air.

“Alright, I need to go. Behave yourself and try to go to school, but if you don’t feel well enough then don’t force yourself.” He said rubbing the top of my head before turning and rushing out the door.

It slammed shut shaking the house, a heavy silence dropped down over everybody suffocating everything.

“So What movies are we going to watch?” Tommy asked walking over to me.