Black Cat-19

She did what!” Balto screeched snapping his head to glare over at me.

I flinched from him not wanting to bear the brunt of his anger. I looked over at Taryin who looked partially pleased with the outcome of his little spill. I hated his guts, Balto was just starting to open up to me and for some reason this just felt as though he was going to shut down again.

“Sybelle, disregarded me and then proceeded to talk back to Sylvester. He even vowed to rip out her bowls. I think she did a fairly good job of pissing him off” Taryin said sauntering away into the kitchen.

I sat my head down on my couch, Balto sat next to me and Sunny loomed in the dining room. Everybody was upset with me for talking back to Sylvester, it wasn’t that I wanted to die it was that I hated  bullies.

Sylvester was nothing more than an overgrown bully who had been chasing his tale for the last few centuries. My hands tightened and I felt my eyes begin to sting.

“Do you even comprehend the severity of what you have just done Sybelle! Sylvester will kill you”

I turned and looked at Balto, “I’m sorry alright! I just can’t stand bullies and he called me awhore” I shouted back.

“He calls al girls whores, Sylvester doesn’t  like people”

“Why does he want to kill you so badly? Hm? What did you do to him to make him hate you so much?” I hissed back down at him.

“You can shut up” Taryin started moving towards me.

“Touch me and I will bash your head in while you sleep” I snapped at him.

Taryin instantly froze his orange eyes flickering over to Balto, “I warned you, Taryin warned you. We all warned you not to talk to him. So why did you?”

“Because I’m curious, I want to know why he wants to kill you and what he’d do if you really did die” I muttered rolling my eyes and leaning back into the couch.

“He blames me for the death of the woman he loved.” Balto levelled his eyes on me.

“Balto wait-” Taryin turned to face him.

Balto flicked his tail and Taryin went silent retreating into he kitchen instead. He looked like a wounded puppy as he slunk away out of my sight.

“You want to know, fine. But you promise me that you will never speak to Sylvester or even so much as approach him if you see him.” His voice rumbled like thunder.

“I promise I won’t speak or even look at Sylvester.” I murmured shutting my eyes.

Balto sighed heavily and I felt him settle on the couch beside me, “Back when we were starting to figure out that we were not human Sylvester and I were nearing our One-hundredth birthday. Yet we looked to be only 19. I was rejected partially due to the fact that I was a Black cat, and as rare as I was I was cursed to begin with. So my parents made the decision that if I could survive a trial I would be accepted back into the Tribunal limits and I could live with them and be their heir.”

“What about Sylvester?” I interjected.

“He had not shifted yet, so he was also rejected but more violently so. I found him one day, he ahd gotten into a fight and the violence had broken something in him. He had shifted there and was taken in by a woman. A white witch. She took care of him until I came for him. He told me that it would be alright if he didn’t have to go back so long as he had her. I thought him foolish. He should never have allowed her to see him change.  When my parents found out that their other son was the white cat they were overjoyed for their luck. But there still stood me between Sylvester and his happiness. If he took my role he would be accepted. At least that was what I thought he would want.” Balto took in a deep breath,

“In my stupidity I had forgotten his secret lover, and I decided I would hand over the place to Sylvester. It would have made everybody so much happier if I just disappeared. But he was caught meeting the white witch. And she was taken away, she told him lies that I had given her location away to the guards. And instead of dying peacefully like was planned for her, she damned her soul to hell to place this curse on me” He ended with a heavy breath.

I stared at him confusion swimming around in my head making my world spin, “There is so much missing from that, like why exactly would she lie to Sylvester if she loved him, and why would she place a curse on you without reasoning…”

“I do not know these things. All I do know is that her curse damned me to this cat form for eternity save a week every month.”

I just stared at him, I feel like I had just gotten a condensed version of a condensed version of a short sum up of a brief overview. But I was happy I had gotten something it was better than having him flick his tail in my face and tell me I was on my own.

“Alright, so he wants to kill you because he believes you are the cause for the woman he loves dying. And all you were trying to do was give him a chance at happiness and being accepted finally. It doesn’t seem complicated but the more I think the harder it becomes to understand” I hissed rubbing the bridge of my nose.

“It’s quite a lot to take in all at once I understand.”

“No it’s just, that I don’t understand why she would target you. Why not attack the Tribunal or free herself. I mean if she was powerful enough to curse you then why not just vanish and meet up with Sylvester later on? She is the only part of this that doesn’t make any sense to me at all.”

Balto sneezed and shook his head the fur along his spine standing up straight. I stared down at him and smiled, ok so that was ridiculously cute.

“Sorry. Now that you have information and you’ve promised. What exactly came through your mind when you approached him earlier?”

I groaned dropping my head back against the couch, “I don’t think I was thinking. And anyways I didn’t know it was him so back off alright!” I snapped back.

His ears pressed back against his head, “The pain I saw in Sylvester’s eyes when he saw his live die nearly crushed me. I do not ever wish to feel it first hand, Sybelle do not allow him near you please.”

“You are such a pushy cat, I bet nobody else has this problem.” I moaned.

“In a few days the moon will begin the cycle leading up to the full, during the week I will be human Sybelle. I won’t be a cat for very much longer.”

I felt my heart race, oh jeez-us. I was seriously so screwed, I shut my eyes but was unable to stop my cheeks from flushing. Why did the way he say that sound so seducing… It was like he was flirting with me.

“I don’t want to be taken up on any bestiality charges alright,” I wish I could have disappeared in that very moment.

“What is going through your head Sybelle?” Balto snickered.

“Nothing! Nothing at all.” Dear god save me, I was blushing because I was being flirted with by a cat…

No not a cat. Balto was a guy a real life guy, and in a few days he would physically be a real life guy. What was going through my mind? A 700 year old cat-man. I think my heart was giving me away to a 700 year old guy who was trapped in a cats body.

I really wanted to meet Balto, face to face, and see if it matched who he was as a person. I guess this is a great way to find out if you could really love somebody, get to know them apart from their body by having them be an animal. This is not bestiality!