Black Cat-10

Taryin dragged me up to my backdoor, and I mean dragged. My heels were scraping over the ground as he held my wrist in his hand tugging me over the grass.

The patio was a little harder for him to deal with and I put up one hell of a fight. I don’t know why but I didn’t like the idea of being home alone with Taryin and Balto.

I felt abnormally uncomfortable with that idea. He groaned in frustration turning around and wrapping his arm around my stomach.

I let out a short scream as he lifted me up over his shoulder, the wind was knocked from my lungs as I landed on his hard shoulder.

He walked up and moved inside my house, I had to stop the screen door from slamming on my face as we moved inside because captain jerk-face couldn’t keep it open.

“There,” He tossed me onto my couch keep his hand on my bag so that it came off when I landed, “Now stay there and keep quiet”

“Taryin what are you doing?” I jumped into a sitting position at the sound of Baltos deep purring voice.

He sat at the base of the stairs that led upstairs, his tail flickering behind him and his bright blue eyes focused narrowly on us.

“She was being a princess and refused to walk up to the house” He said dropping my bag to the ground.

Balto looked at me and waited for me to speak, “Why exactly is he living here? Do you even know if my parents will let him stay?” I asked him ignoring Taryin and his stupid little glares.

“Your parents will understand. I called them after you left,” His voice curled around the word left as his ears flattened back against his head.

Taryin cuffed me upside the head with his hand, “Ow what was that for?” I whined cringing from him.

“I meant to do that earlier but I couldn’t remember who you were.”      

“Sybelle, I understand the situation is progressing fairly fast, but what I am doing will benefit you in the future”

I turned and looked at him, “What Future? From what he’s told me I don’t have one unless I want to follow you around for the rest of my life hiding from everything that moves. When were you going to tell me that?” I snapped at him.

He rose onto all fours and walked across the floor to come and sit infront of me and next to Taryin. He just stared at me for a few minutes.

“I was planning on explaining when you came home from school. But apparently Taryin beat me to it”

I rose to my feet shaking my head, “Well you and Taryin can leave now. I don’t have the time or patience to deal with this, and you don’t even know if this Sylvester persons going to show up or not.” I said grabbing my bag.

“Taryin and I aren’t going anywhere Sybelle”

I groaned stomping my foot, “Why not! Yesterday that was your master plan wasn’t it? Run away before I found out, me knowing doesn’t change much. Nobody would believe me if I told them. So you can leave”

“No Sybelle we can’t” Balto repeated himself.

“Why!” I shouted glaring down at him.

“Because Sylvester has already made contact with you, his scent if faded and covered in perfumes, but I know it. He touched you today Sybelle, the next time he does you won’t survive” Balto growled.

“Touched me… I would have noticed if some guy touched me” I snapped crossing my arms over my chest.

“This is not an argument. You will need our help to survive”

I stared at him, “I don’t understand any of this. Ferals, Familiars, killers, talking cats. Seriously this makes no sense”

“Sit down and I will gladly explain to you everything you need to know” My bag hit the floor as I sat down cross legged in front of Balto.

I don’t know if it was the fact he was a talking cat, or the sound of his voice, or maybe it was just the way he felt to me, but I just automatically obeyed everything he said.

I think it was just my brains shock from the whole fact that he was a talking cat and so I didn’t want to ruin the whole effect by ignoring him.

“I will start with what I am. I am a Feral, My form is the Black Cat. Which was branded as the cursed cat in my family line. Feral’s have existed since before Were-creatures. We rival that of the Vampire.”

“Wait, Were-wolves and vampires are real to?” I hissed my jaw nearly dropping as I stared at him.

He nodded his head slowly, “Yes they are, as well as the many other tales you have heard. Many of the creatures humans feared once are real. Where do you think they got all the ideas?”

“Whoa seriously!” I exclaimed.

“Sure when he explains things you act all sweet, but when I tell you something you damn near kill yourself” Taryin snapped rolling his eyes.

I looked over at him, “I barely know you, and what I do know of you makes me like you even less”

“Enough both of you. Taryin there is a guest bedroom upstairs go and relax Sybelle and I can handle this ourselves”

“Yeah whatever” He mumbled turning and walking away.

“As I was saying, Feral’s have been around for ages. We were just lost in history because we choose to remain in this form more often than not.” He said bobbing his head to the right.

“You have another form?” I murmured.

His eyes snapped back to look at me, “Yes, A Jaguar and a Panther. But my curse has locked my ability to change my Feral’s beast at will. We are much like Were-wolves in the sense we are constricted to our beast. But in the opposite sense. Feral’s as you could guess from our name, are far more animal like. Whereas our human form is the uncontrollable one. It’s raw emotions are rather difficult to handle at times.”

My body went ridged, “You… Are human?”

He blinked at me and nodded his head, “Yes, But about 600 years ago a white witch placed a curse on me. It ultimately killed her, and has bound me to the laws of the moon. For the week of the Full moon I become human again. But I for the remainder I must stay as you see me. A harmless Black cat” He spoke slowly making sure every word sank in.

My hands clenched and I spun grabbing a pillow from the couch, I tossed it at him and heard him yowl angrily.

“What in hells name are you doing!” He screeched at me his fangs bared and claws un-sheathed.

“You creep! Your sleeping on the couch or in Taryins room, and stay the hell away from me” I shouted pushing to my feet bringing my bag with me.

My dear god, he was human… sort of. I slept with him, he had- No. That perverted little cat had sat in the bathroom while I showered! I was so getting him neutered!