Black Cat-30

* The Amazing Banner on the side was made by BeautifuL17KhaoS! Look at how amazing that is, I love Black Cats!*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood at one of the lab tables in the chemistry room, my hair tied back, a white lab coat pulled on overtop of my normal clothes. The clear plastic goggles fit loosely on my head.

“Now we add some of the blue liquid.” Balto said glancing at me.

Regularly I was a wiz at these labs, but the teacher had brought in a new specimen for us to look at. He collected foetal animals in jars, the animals that were killed for scientific research.

He had a pig, cow, chicken, hamster, dog… but his newest one was a mother tabby cat with beautiful orange stripes. Her seven little kitten in separate mini jars that sat atop hers. Every time I looked at her I kept seeing Balto, and my gut would wrench.

“Sybelle, we need to get this done.” He scorned blowing on my ear making me jump and swat at him.

Giving my head a shake I turned my attention to what he was doing. So far he had done the first four experiments without me knowing.

“Sorry, sorry.” I murmured.

He sighed and leaned around me to look at the cat proudly displayed on the teachers work table, “I will admit it’s rather disturbing.” He sighed.

“I don’t like it.” My hands tightened and I had to glance back at it.

Balto placed his hand over mine pulling my attention back to him. “Ignore it, we have work to do.” He said nodding down at the experiment.

“It’s surprising.” I said stepping up to start the next experiment.

He leaned onto the black counter top, the white lab coat looked baggy on him, although the glasses were cute.

“What is?” He asked watching what I was doing carefully and recording it down on the sheet.

“That despite the fact you didn’t go to school you excel at this.” I laughed emptying the yellow liquid into the blue liquid. Instantly it turned dark purple.

He wrote it down on the chart then answered the short answer question, “Well chemistry is pretty much a mundane version of alchemy. Alchemy I understand, math, well math issued every day. The only thing I’m useless at is art.”

I set the test tubes back into their wooden rack then carried the entire thing to the hood setting it in along with a few others who finished.

“Well your lucky then that my teacher just adores you as a model.” I said walking back over to him removing my glasses and lab coat. Balto did the same bringing out sheet over to the desk, I took his coat and glasses leaving them on the teacher’s desk while he helped out another student working on her own.

“What I still don’t understand about the whole model thing, why do I have to sit so high up?” He asked as I sat down next to him. Sunny looked up from his sheets and smirked at us.

“It’s so the light hits you better, at least that’s what I’ve been told.” He smiled looking back down at his sheet.

“Sort of, honestly I’ve never questioned it. The model has always sat a little higher than us, probably so the artists can see over the canvas’s.” I pulled the sheet over in front of me and began to fill out the long answer questions.

“What should we do for lunch?” Balto mused leaning his head over onto my shoulder.

“I don’t know, I don’t normally eat lunch.” I sighed.