The Begining Has Barely Begun

A few days later, and we all arrived back to the village.  The mission of course was a fail and Sasuke was still out in there world somewhere with a weird glasses wearing freak, and an old pedophilic snake that only wanted his body. 

Contrary to everyone’s belief, I only slightly maimed Naruto.  The alpaca, Shino, dragged me off of him before I could land any solid hits.  Once I had gotten over the fact that Naruto’s bodily functions had doomed Sasuke to the fate of being a sex slave, I was calm and pretty loveable again.  Sure, I wanted Sasuke back, but Naruto was my friend too so I didn’t see any reason in making him feel worse than he already did.

On the pretty silent trip back to the village, I was only hit by Shino a couple of times…five counts for a couple.  Once was because I declared that he was my silent stallion and that we must go defend damsels as I hopped onto his shoulders. Another two was because I kept insisting that his hair was really my best friend and he shouldn’t keep her from me. And yet another was because I ‘accidently’ pushed him into the river on one of our breaks. When asked why, I told him I was exercising demons, he didn’t buy it. The fifth and final time he hid me, I had been bouncing from the trees like a kangaroo, asking when we would be home every three seconds.

Other than annoying Shino and occasionally poking at Naruto, the trip back to the Leaf was incredibly dull.  Saying I was excited when the village gates came into few was an understatement, I was ecstatic. “Finally!” I had shouted and sprang off like kitten on a ball of yarn.  Nothing held me back and I burst through the gates of the village and tumbled my way through the streets. 

Naruto wasn’t far behind me and we both sped our way to Tsunade’s office whilst leaving Kiba, Hinata, and Shino to piddle their way around the village. Even if Naruto and I and the rest of the team had failed the mission, most of us were still excited about being home.

At the same time, Naruto and I had barreled through the door of Tsunade’s office, toppling over each other and then trying to get to our feet, only to topple over the other again. “Ida you’re elbow, ow!” Naruto yelped as I was shouting at the same time, “My hair! My hair!”

Tsunade had simply watched both of us and allowed time for the trio, Kiba, Hinata and Shino, to finally waddle in.  “Can we please not be associated with them?” Kiba asked, as he eyed Naruto and I on the ground, tangling around the other’s limbs.

“You would be privileged if we decided to make you one of us!” I defended myself. Finally, I had managed to untwine my limbs and hair for Naruto and used that moment to point a finger at Kiba. Him and Akamaru stared at me for a moment and a grin spread over Kiba’s face.

“And why would that be?” He questioned, not believing in the awesomness that was team seven.

“Because we have flying ostriches that will eat peanut butter with us as we all swim in a lake of chocolate milk and you can’t have them because you are a nonbeliever!” I would’ve gone on more, but Tsunade had crossed the room and covered my mouth.

“Can one of you please tell me of the missions failure….or success,” She added as an afterthought, “Before Ida has the time to go off on another tangent please.” Tsunade soon released her hold on my mouth and I stepped away from her.

The tension in the room was now tense and all our eyes darted from one to the other as we waited for one of our teammates to speak, so we wouldn’t have to.  With one glance at Naruto, we both declared that it was up to us to tell Tsunade.

“The mission-“ Naruto started.

“-failed.” I finished. 

The silence that filled the room after we had stated the situation was almost suffocating.  Tsunade had her head down and arms crossed, so when she lifted her head we were only somewhat shocked when she let out a sigh and announced, “You’re all dismissed.”