My Best Friend the Traitor

Even though I wasn't knocked out long, it was still dark when my eyes finally opened. I sat up and ground. My head hurt. I probably hit it when I fell. With a sudden rush the previous events dawned on me. I bolted up and looked around the little clearing I was in.

My stuff was in a neat pile, and it had a note on top. I rushed over and plucked it from the top. It was addressed to me, and I could tell by the straight, bold script Sasuke wrote it. I tore it open, and watched the white paper fall out. Before it touched the ground I caught it. Sighing I flipped it over and began to read by the moonlight.

Ida,

I know this is abrupt, and it seemed like I was going to stay. It's just events happened after you left, and I got to thinking. There is nothing that you can show me that would equal what Orochimaru can do for me.

I'm sorry. Wait no I’m not. I have no regrets. I did what I had to, to be sure that I would get to the source of my new power. I hope that when you get this it will be to late for you to do anything. I can imagine that this seems stupid to you, but you don't know what it's like to not be able to take down the one you hate most. Or do you? I'm not sure anymore.

I didn't write this to make you understand. I'm not good at explaining myself. I mainly wrote it to thank you. You're my best friend. I lo..I long to see the day we can fight. If I can fight you and win then I will be able to take on many powerful enemies. Ida you pushed me to strive.

I also wanted to warn you not to come after me. Orochimaru won't hesitate to kill you, and I don't want to see you dead...yet.

----Sasuke

"That duckbutted Uchiha left me for a pedophile! "To hell I won't come after you!" I screamed, nearly tearing out my hair. I grabbed my weapons and my bag with a flourish. Then I stomped over to the edge of the trees.

I had no flippin idea which direction I needed to go. "Well Ida you've gone this far. Just walk into the trees and find your way by pure determination."

"Yeah like that will work Ida."

"Shut up Ida no one asked you."

"I'm just saying its a stupid idea."

"I know it is, but I'm doing it anyway." And with my little argument over, I burst into the trees. I ran as fast as my feet would carry me. Soon I came upon a huge cannon wall, and realized I was going the wrong way.

I turned around, and ran again as hard as I could in another direction. I couldn’t find where I was going, and I didn't know where I was now. Out of breathe and energy, my knees buckled and I fell to the forest floor.

Pure exhaustion kicked in after hours of non-stop running, and I passed out.

Anbu's POV

_________

"Go find Ida." The Lady ordered me.

"May I ask why?" I said.

"She's close to Sasuke, and deserves to be apart of this mission." She explained.

"Okay My Lady. I will find her." I bowed, and exited the room. Now where would I find Ida. Tsunade said she was a small girl with brown hair and purple eyes. That shouldn't be to hard to find. I am an ANBU.

And so my search began. I swarmed went to her living quarters and didn't find anything there. I also searched all around the village, but found nothing. My last option was to look in the forest, so I made some clones and sent out to look for her.

I was flying over trees after ten minutes of not finding anything. Then suddenly a view of a girl passed out on the forest floor passed over my mind. I got my clones location and made my way over there.