Say What!

***

Story Start

I raised my hand in the air and heard my voice ring out "I quit."  There was a pause everything stopped, no noise could be heard in the room.  Everyone looked around to find the person who spoke, and their eyes all landed on me.  Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke knew who spoke at the beginning, but they just stared at me trying to diguiest what I just said.

"YOU WHAT NOW!?" Naruto and Sakura yelled at the same time.  One was load enough, but both of them was ear shattering.

"Okay, ow" I sighed rubbing my ear that I thought was bleeding.

"Well do you have a reason?" Sakura demanded putting her hands on her hips and looking down at me.

"I have a few."

"Do you care to share any" Naruto jumped in, also looking down at me, but with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Hmm" I hummed.  I did have reasons I wasn't lying.  One was something I had to go do, but they wouldn't accept that.  They other reason would end up me having to fight three very angry sand ninja, and I don't know if this is normal or not, but I like my head on my shoulders not away from my body.

"I don't really have a reason to continue on.  I just really don't believe in mindless violence." I spoke after a few minutes of silence.

"What do you mean? You've fought countless times with us." Sakura bursted out.

"Yeah, but I was always fighting for my life, or to help all of you."

"Here is a reason.  Do you want to be a chunin?" Naruto added in.

"Not really, at the moment, anyway that is."

"Then why did you take the chunin exam?" Sakura asked.

"For you guys, I know the three of you want to, so I did it for you.  Now you can't make me fight, and I won't without a reason."

"What are your reasons?" Sasuke finally jumped in.

"To protect those I care for and to make sure that no one gets hurt from reasons I can control." I answered softly, but steadily.  "Now I think the Hokage is saying something important." I lifted my eyes up to the old man, ending out conversation.

"You have other reasons" Sasuke whispered in my ear.  His hot breath tickled, but I kept a straight face, and answered.

"Yeah, but do you really think you should keep going."

"You too, Sakura already tried to get me to quit, so I think I have you to thank for distracting her." Sasuke laughed and took a step back.  This is way Sasuke is best to give shocking news too.  One: he doesn't freak out.  Two: he understands and doesn't make a scene.

I finally tuned in to what the Hokage was saying.  He was saying the chunin exams replaced war, so all the nations could keep peace.  Now that made sense, you replace mindless violence, with more controlled, yet mindless violence.

He also said that by having the chunin exams the village got more revenue for its village.  This is because in the final round rich people from different countries would come to watch the genin fight.  Then they would decide if they liked a villages genin, and pay for missions with that country more. In the short term people with too much time on their hands fight, and get their village more money.  I'm kind of glad I quit.

"Now if you look up at this electric board the first two names will appear." the Hokage pointed up at this board that had a red trim around the edge.  Everyone looked up and names flashed back and forth, until finally two names stopped.  One was my, duck haired friend, Sasuke, and the other was some guy named Akado Yoroi.