Chapter 3 - Late Night Talks

I woke up to a loud bang next door. I sat up, still half asleep. I was 2:34am, why would somebody be up at this ungodly time. Crawling out of bed, I shuffled to my door, opening it, and going over to Dans, where the noise came from.

I knocked gently.

'Hello?' He replied from the other side of the door?

'Hi, are you okay, I heard a loud bang?' I replied, questioning if I should open the door.

'Oh, yeh, come in a second.' He replied, answering my unspoken question.

I did so, taking in the surroundings. He looked wide awake, and had his xbox on. His wall was coated with different types of posters, from Adventure time, Final Fantasy and Muse to Pierce the Veil and Mayday Parade. His room was large, but messy. Very messy. He had clothes all vote the floor, his wardrobe leaking with shoes.

'Mind the mess.' He chuckled. 'I can never be bothered to tidy up.'

'It's fine.' I smiled in reply.

'Yeah, the bang was from the game I'm playing, sorry, did I wake you?' He asked, sounding a little sad.

'No no- I couldn't sleep anyways.' I lied,'so do you go to the same school as I will?'

'Yeah- about that, I normally wake up at 7:30 and have a quick shower, but if you want to have a shower in the morning as well, I can get up earlier to have mine.'

'No that's fine, I'll get up earlier, It's your house.'

'If you insist.' He replied, 'wanna play?' He pointed at the extra remote. I grabbed it, and sat down next to him on his bed. 'You can lean back if you want..'

'Oh, okay..' I smiled, moving back where he was, leaning on the headboard. He had a double bed, which meant we could both easily sit on it while playing on the game.

'So do you miss America?' He asked, as he started a new game of FIFA.

'Yeah, it sucks, I really wish I could be back there, not stuck in England with no friends. I miss everybody.' I replied, not to sound harsh, but it was true, I was not enjoying London so far.

'Oh, so I'm guessing you have quite a few friends?'

'Kind of, I'm not exactly popular, and defiantly not a chav gangster person! I just get along with everybody, are you?'

'Am I what?'

'Popular?'

'I used to be bullied, but then I turned it around, and now I hang around with the popular kids,'

'Oh, so that's good,' I smiled,

'Yeah.. In some ways, but they expect me to beat people up, get drunk, do weed. It's all becoming to much.' He seemed touched by the conversation, and considering I only met him today, I decided to change the topic.

'Will I be in your classes?'

'Er, maybe.'

'I hope so.' I chirped.

We continued playing in silence for about an hour, with only small talk in between.

'I might go back to my room, talk to some friends, they are home from school now.' I smiled, checking the time.

'Oh- night- bye?' He whispered, as I got up from his bed and walked to the door.

'Thanks for letting me just, chill.' I smiled, 'sleep well.'

'Yeah.' He grumbled, as I closed the door.

I crept back to my room, and turned on my laptop. Everybody had signed on from my school, this caused me to smile, seeing all my friends.

Jake popped up.

Hey man! Miss you! I swear it's like 5am in London? - Jake

Yeah, I had a nap for like seven hours, then played xbox with my host brother - I replied.

Oh, is he nice? - Jake

Yeah, but he does weed and drinks, I'm a little worried. He also has self inflicted scars and cuts up his arm - I replied.

Oh, well.. Just try to be civil with him, don't you dare become close with him, you have me! - Jake

I won't, don't you worry, he seems to hard to become friends with anyways! - I replied

Well, I have a project to do, Loren is coming round to do it with me, Miss Bevin only gave us the weekend to do it, so I'll speak to you later! Bye - Jake

Bye - I replied

Conversation ended.

Looking at the time, I decided to attempt more sleep.

- - -

Meant to be short, I'm doing another chapter now, should be up either tonight or tomorrow! Kind of just a filer type of thing.