Chapter 4 The Question

"Sonya, please tell me your not going to go to prom with Scott!" Gwen said desperately as we sat on the bus. I looked at her, half disbelief, half something else. "What? No way" I said quickly.

"Why would I? You heard what they said." After we heard what Scott and Gwen we're up to, we waited for them to leave, so we could get to the canteen. They we're their for a few minutes.

Chloe kept explaining her plan to him, after they would pour that cold ice water on me, Chloe planed on putting that video at the canteen yesterday on, for one last prank.

To be honest, i felt sick, i mean, who could even do that? was she really that crazy to humiliate me? Anyway as they went off together, I turned to Gwen and Izzy. Their mouths were wide open, I've never seen them like that before.

"Well, we should tell a teacher or something, I mean... We can't let them get away with this" Gwen said, she looked worried.

"I can deal with whatever Chloe throws at me" i said with a grin. "How?" I wanted to tell Gwen the truth, the truth i had powers, well i think i had powers but i decided not to tell her.... Yet...

"I just... feel like i can" i said finally. I felt horrible lying to her, but i had to. "Well ok" she said uneasily. The bus stopped at my house. "I'll see you later Gwen" i said as i began to get out of my seat.

"Bye Sonya" she called as i exited the bus. After I got off, i waited until the bus had left before i started to go home.

To my surprise, Scott was their, he was standing next to his Ford Focus RS500, he was wearing black tinted sunglasses but i could still tell he was looking at me.

I knew what he was here for, i looked at him for a moment, then i began walking home. I could see him running after me from the corner of my eye. "Hey Sonya" he called out as he finally cot up to me. "Hey Scott" I said with no emphasize.

"So.. How are you?" He asked me. "I'm.... Good..." I said uneasily. "That's cool, so I have something I wanted to ask you.." He said, a smirk came on his face.

"You want to go to prom with me" I said quickly. He stopped smirking. "Yeah, how did you know?"he asked. "Never mind how I know, my answer is no" I said firmly. I begun walking away from him. "Why not?" He called out to me. I stopped and turned around to face him, I was probably a good meter away from him.

"Because I know what you and your girlfriend Chloe are planing to do to me" I called out. I didn't see his reaction, I walked away and continued my way home.

"Hey Sweetie, how's was school" my mum asked me when I got home. I sighed. "It was fine" I said quickly. I went upstairs to my bedroom and put my bag on my bed.

I walked up to my laptop and turned it on. I logged in and continued watching Ice manipulation. It was so interesting. I was halfway through a video when I had this idea in my head, I wonder what I can do? I thought, a small grin came across my face. I paused the video I was watching and got out of my chair.

Theirs this white wooden coffee table I have in my room, it's manly got magazines and books I like reading, not much though. I quickly put some stacks of magazines and books on the floor not to far away.
I put my hands flat on the table, I kept looking at them focused.

I shut my eyes and breathed deeply, after a few minutes I could feel something against my hands. It felt cold like a freezer or something.

I opened my eyes, their was ice under my hands I kept focusing on it, it started making a party way, I don't know how anyway to describe it.

It just stopped in the middle of the table, I looked at it astonished, a smile came across my face. It started going up into the air.

It looked like it was making something, I didn't know what it was becoming but somehow I knew.

When it had finished, it looked like a vase, except it was made out of glass, except it was a light blue, I could see snowflake prints all across it, I chuckled at the sight of it. I'm really good.

"Sonya!" Mum called from downstairs. "Can you come down for a minute?" I quickly picked up the vase and slide it under my bed.

Then I put all the books and magazines back on the coffee table, then I went downstairs. I found her in the kitchen.

"What do you want mum?" I asked her. "Someone's here to see you, someone named Max Phillips she said, she was getting something from the fridge. My heart stopped, Max, my crush was here, I didn't think he knew of my existence.

This was a big thing for me. We had nearly spoken to each other.

"Ok" I said, trying to stay calm. "He's waiting at the front door" mum said still looking at the fridge. I nodded then I left the kitchen and went to the main hallway.

Mum had left the front door open, as I got closer I begun to feel nervous, like butterflies through my stomach. I could see him, he was standing on the front veranda, he hadn't notice me. As I got closer he finally noticed and gave a warm smile. I smiled to.

He had blue eyes, they were so pretty. He has short dark brown and chiseled cheek bones. He was pretty muscular too, I've seen him at pool once, he's got abs."Hey Songa" he said, he still had that warm smile. "Umm.. Hey Max..." I said shyly. God I was so nervous.

"So how are you doing, you know about the prank and all" he said, a small frown went on his face. He saw what happened to me, maybe he was one of the people that I didn't see laugh at me. "Yeah.... I'm.... Fine, I've been better" I said, giving him a shy smile. "So you know how prom is in 2 weeks" he said, smiling again. I looked at him puzzled.

Where was this going? "Yeah" I said uneasily. He took a deep breath. "Do you want to go with me?"

Author's Note: Thank you for reading chapter 4 of Cold Hearted, I hope you guys enjoyed . Please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter. Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄