Chapter 29 A Grim Encounter

What the hell? I thought as I got up from my seat. Almost a second after I got up Chloe disappeared from view, "Oh no you don't" I said aloud. "Hey Sonya, got the drink." I turned around to see Max carrying two plastic cups filled with punch.

"Hey you ok?" he asked me, "You look worried." I shook my head, 'I gotta take care of something" Then before Max could say or ask anything, I quickly rushed of to one of the exit doors and went outside.

Their was hardly anyone outside, only a few groups of friends talking to each, Where is she? I thought as I began looking around, then I spotted something. Near the car park, their was someone standing in the middle of the road, I could see their back but I knew it had to be her. Quickly, I rushed over and stopped at least a meter away from her.

"Chloe!" I yelled, "Why can't you just leave me alone!" She didn't answer, she didn't even turn around and face me. Did she go death? I thought as I slowly went closer to her "Why are you here? Why did you come?" Finally, she turned around and faced me, and I almost screamed. Chloe's eyes had changed, now they seemed dull and lifeless and black, like she had no soul. She looked at me like she was a zombie.

"Chloe, what's wrong?" I asked gently putting my hands on her shoulders, "What happened?" She still said nothing, she just stared at me with her lifeless eyes. I started moving my hand on front of her face, trying to get so d reaction from her, but nothing. Maybe I should take her inside I thought when I turned my head back at the gym.

When I turned back to Chloe, he mouth began to quiver and shake, like she was trying to say something. "What is it Chloe?" I asked her, slightly shaking her, "What's wrong?" Finally, Chloe spoke in a low groan "Grimmmm.... Grimmmm!" I raised my eyebrows, "Grim? Who's grim?" I asked her.

"He seeks you!" she groaned,"He seeks your power! "What on earth are you talking abou-!" I stopped, then it hit me, the dream, the dream I had with the old woman. It was coming true, suddenly, the old woman's words began to echo through my head, "Grim! He hunts you!"

"Who is Grim?" I asked her, "What does he want from me?" Chloe didn't reply, she went silent once again. Then out of nowhere, Chloe threw her hands at my neck and began to tighten her grip. "Chloe!" I choked out "What are you doing?" "Grim can not allow you to live" she said in a low voice "Your power rivals his own."

She tightened her hands as I began coughing and chocking. I grabbed her wrists and began to hold them tightly, as I began to imagine ice forming around them. It didn't take long till the ice started to spread onto her wrist, she instantly stopped chocking and quickly pulled her hands back.

Before she could make another attempt to kill me, I raced back inside the gym, coughing as gasping for air where Max was waiting for me at our seats. "Hey your back" he said once he saw me "what took you so long?" Then me must of noticed how out of breath I was because he then said "What happened to your neck?"

I quickly grabbed my phone and turned my camera on. I could see clearly the red marks where Chloe had gripped her hands around my neck. "Did something happen to you?" he asked me, now sounding concerned. I said nothing as I gently placed the tips of my fingers on my red marks.

"Come on Sonya, whatever it is you can tell me" he said comfortingly placing his hands on my shoulders, I let out a sigh, "I really do want to tell you but it's a really complicated story and much of it doesn't make sense to me. But I promise I will tell you," Max looked at me reluctantly, and then let out a sigh "Alright... but you better tell me" "Promise."

Suddenly from the corner of my eye, I saw Eliza, Gwen and Izzy coming towards us with Jacob, Toby and Tailor. They all seemed very happy, unlike me who was completely and utterly terrified. "Hey you two" Jacob said smiling "How's your night going?"