Chapter 28 The Ice Girl Arrives

When me and Max got into the car, my nerves began to set in. This is it I thought as Max put the keys in the , I'm finally going to prom. Max looked at me as he put his seatbelt on, "You ready to go?" he asked, "Yep."

He nodded as he turned the keys and started the car up. For some reason the sound of the engine made me calm down a bit. Then Max drove the car away from the front of the house and down the street. I took one last glance at my house, then I turned my head back and waited.

The drive took at least 10 minutes to get to school, as we got closer towards school, I kept breathing in and out trying to keep calm. "You ok?" Max had asked me when he noticed me doing this. "Sorry, I guess I'm nervous" I chuckled lightly, he placed one hand on my shoulder, "Hey, it's ok" he said gently.

I smiled at him just as I realized that we were already at school. When he found a parking spot, he turned the car off and he stopped. I looked at him confused, what are we waiting for? Then I saw him grab something from his pocket.

"Here, I got this for you" Max said pulling out a glass container, inside was a beautiful blue corsage.

"Oh wow" I said as Max opened the container and pulled the corsage out, "It's beautiful!" I pulled out my right wrist and he slowly put the corsage onto my wrist, It fit perfectly

"So you wanna go in now?" he asked me, I nodded as he finally got out the car and walked around the front and opened the door for me, he took out his hand and helped me out of the car. From where we were I could hear the sound of a band playing from inside the gym.

Without saying another word to each other, we made our way up to the gym where a booth with red and blue ribbons was sitting near the entrance. Their was a boy handling the stand, dressed in a blue suit with a red bow tie, I recognized him from the prom committee, I think his name is Blake cross

"Have fun this year" he said to a couple after they just passed them there tickets, then the couple moved away and headed inside. We walked over to him and Blake gave us a bright smile.

"Hey Sonya" Blake said happily "Thanks for helping us out!" Then he looked at Max and his smile seemed to grow even bigger "Great to see ya Max!" Blake reached out and shook Max's hand, Max seemed a bit surprised but he managed to remain calm.

After the handshake, Max put his hands in his pockets like he was looking for something."Here are our tickets" Max said pulling two prom tickets and passing them to Blake. "Have a great night!" he said happily as we made our way inside.

Even though I was in their just the other day, The gym looked even more magnificent at night. There were already people with there dates already on the dance floor, while some of them were already sitting down.

"Do you wanna sit?" Max asked me, "Yeah sure." We both glided over and sat down where our name tags were, no one else had come to the table. "This is awesome" Max said happily looking up at the ceiling, "The prom committee really outdone themselves!"

"Yeah, it's beautiful" I said looking at the front stage where the School' band 'Escape School!' was playing one of their new songs. "Hey Sonya" said a familiar voice from behind, me and Max turned around. "Gwen!" I said happily, I got out of my chair and wrapped my arms around her.

Them I noticed that her date Jacob was next to her, shaking hands with each other. "Glad you made it" Gwen said after we finished hugging, "You look great!"

"Thanks" I said happily while a felt my face grew hot. "Well, We better head to the dance floor" Gwen said pulling Jacob away from us and towards where the group of kids were dancing. Me and Max looked to each other, laughed and then sat back down on our seats.

We kinda just watched the kids dancing for a bit, though most of them were just awkwardly standing and very rarely move their arms about ( we laughed at the sight of it.) "So..." I said after the awkward dancing had finally stopped, "How've you been?" "Good!" he said with enthusiasm, "We won the finals last week."

At first I didn't know what he was talking about but then I realized he was talking about the basketball game last week, How could I forget? Everyone was talking about it!

"Congratulations!" I said smiling. "Yeah" Max said happily "Only one more game and we win the champions!" I chuckled, "I might watch you play if you want" I said, now smirking. "Ok, then you'll see us win!" he said happily.

We laughed and then went quiet again, the band started to play a slow song in the background. "So do you wanna dance?" he asked me gesturing to the dance floor, "Maybe a bit later." He nodded as we kinda watched a few couples slow dancing.

"You know what?" he said, rising to his feet "I'm gonna grab us some punch, I'll be back in a minute." He then left the table and went to a table where all the food and drinks were on.

I watched him for a bit and then began watching the dancers, something about them seemed to put me in a trance. I looked over at the rest of prom.Eliza and Toby were together getting their pictures taken, Izzy and Toby were slow dancing on the dance floor and Gwen and Jacob were at the food table.

I relaxed myself, Everything is fine! But I found myself to be wrong when I found myself looking at one of the small windows of the gym. There was a person looking through the glass, though her face looked blurred I knew who it was. Chloe.

Author's Note: Thanks everyone for reading Chapter 28 of Cold Hearted, I hope you guys enjoyed. Please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter. Also, I do not own the video, all rights go to their rightful owners.

Updates come out every Saturday.

Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄