Chapter 21 Someone By The Window

How did this get here? I thought as I washed the glossy ice from my arm in the bathroom downstairs. "Must of happened while I was asleep" I said to myself as the last of the ice disappeared.

"Sonya! We're back!" I heard Mum call from the main hallway. I quickly dried my hands with a cloth and rushed out of the bathroom.

Then I rushed up to the main hall to greet them. "Welcome back" I said as they came in through the front door, "How was lunch?"

"It was fine" Mum said as she put her coat on the coat hanger, "The food was delicious." She looked over to dad smiling, while dad gave a small smile. "It was very enjoyable" Dad said, looking over at Mum.

"That's great to hear" I said, as I began to back away "I'll just head up to my room then." Then, I left then two alone as I went back upstairs and decided to do some work on my laptop.

I opened it up to find that I hadn't shut it down properly, I looked at the corner of the screen telling me that my laptop was on 28%. So, I plugged in the charger (which was sitting on my desk) into my laptop and went onto YouTube.

There, I decided to watch some clips for Season 5 of Pretty Little Liars, Just because I was so bored. I glanced over at the clock on the corner of the screen. It read 2:49pm. I didn't even realize how long I was asleep for.

Suddenly, I got a notification on one if the tabs I had on, It was a notification from Skype. I wonder what it is? I thought as I clicked on the tab. Eliza1222 wants to Have a Skype Call You. I guess Gwen or Izzy must of given her my my username.

I clicked Skype Video and a picture of've Eliza sitting on her desk in what looked like a study. "Hey Sonya" she said waving at me, giving me a big smile, "How are you?"

I waved back to her "I'm good, except for Chloe waiting to kill me with her gang if friends on my front lawn, Then they go around town chasing me like a game of cat and mouse. Other than that, I'm fine."

Eliza rolled her eyes in annoyance "First she get's her friends to kidnap Izzy and Gwen, Now this? This is getting way out of hand!"

I chuckled, Though I didn't know how I found getting attacked by Chloe and her friends to be funny."Yeah Probably, But I've got nothing to worry about, I have ice powers after all" I reminded her

Suddenly she got a serious look on her face."Yeah, But what if someone finds out? What if scientist come and take you away and make you a test subject. What if the government comes and turns you into a weapon? What if that happens?"

"Don't worry Eliza" I reassured her "None of the stuff you listed on that long list of yours is going to happen. I'm not like one of those stupid idiots in those superhero movies who use their powers and go crazy and become villains. Trust me."

I leaned back on my chair as she let out a small smile, "Your probably right, Maybe I'm just being paranoid or something." Possibly I thought.

"So, what are you doing now?. She asked me, "Not much, Parents just came back from Lunch" I said.

I glanced over at the window, The memory of me climbing out of the window to escape Scott came back, like a rushing breeze, reminding me about how horrifying it was.

"Not much is happening with me either, Dad is out on a meeting and Mum is out doing the shopping. I have to babysit the twins, they're pretty noisy." Suddenly, I heard childish laughter coming from the background.

Just when I was about to ask her what the twins names are, I found my eyes lazily look out the window.

I nearly jumped out if my seat at what I saw. A mysterious young man with dark brown hair was looking through the window. He wore a red leather waistcoat and black slick pants. He looked like a character out of Teen Wolf.

There were two things downright strange with this strange man. No.1 He had glowing red eyes which scared the crap out of me. No.2, which was more terrifying than No.1, He was standing right by my window. Which was impossible since my room was on the second floor.

He wasn't even standing on the window cill or anything, it was like he was floating in mid air staring at me. Out of reflex, I accidentally caused frost to cover the window.

"Sonya? What's wrong?" A worried Eliza asked me. I leaned in closer at the window, only to find that the mysterious man was now gone. "Sonya, are you ok?" she asked me again. "Yeah, I'm ok" I said leaning back into my chair. "I've gotta go" I said quickly. "What?" Eliza asked, "I've gotta go" I said, ending the Skype call.

I took a deep breath in, what was that? Who was that? And What did he want?

I got up from my chair and began to leave the room. Before I left, I took one last glance at the window, the frost had already started to melt. Then, I head downstairs, trying to forget about the strange man.

Author's Note: Thanks you guys for reading Chapter 21 of Cold Hearted. I hope you guys enjoyed. Please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter.

Updates will come every Saturday.

Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄