Chapter 7 Threats

"You will?" Max asked, still smiling. I nodded, I hope I'm making the right decision I thought worriedly. "So, I'll pick you up at 7:00?" He asked. I nodded again, looking a bit nervous.

"Yeah" I said quickly. "Alright, I'll see you later" he walked away, probably to catch up with his friends. I turn back and walk back to Izzy and Gwen.

"So, did you say yes?" Gwen asked eagerly. I didn't say anything, I just nodded. The two began squealing happily. "We have to go dress shopping!" Gwen cried happily.

I laughed, it was so funny when they get excited. The bell rings. "I'll see you guys at recess" Gwen said. Both Gwen and Izzy walked away to their lockers. I had English first.

"Good morning class" said our teacher Mrs Welter. "Good morning Mrs Welter" the class coursed. She then asked us to bring up our poem homework. She eventually began reading them out aloud to the class. When it came to my turn, I wanted to just disappear, I hate it when people read my stuff out aloud, it's just really embarrassed.

While she was reading it out, I heard a few of the kids in the class giggling. When she finally finished reading, she looked up at me and gave me a small smile. "Very interesting Sonya, good job." I sighed happily, the last thing I wanted was to fail.

Class continued until the bell final rang for recess. Everyone in class dashed out of the class, including me.

I met up with Gwen and Izzy at the cafeteria after we had gotten out recess. "When do you want to go prom dress shopping?" Gwen asked as we took our seats.

I thought for a moment. "How about after school?" I asked them, they smiled at me excitedly.

"Yes!" they both said excitedly. We all laughed it off.
Eventually, I noticed that a group of girls was coming towards our table. It was Chloe's group. I pointed it out to Gwen and Izzy and they both stopped laughing, only to glare at them.

"Hey freak" Chloe said nastily, "Enjoying your life?" Her friends began laughing and giving each other high fives.

I really wanted to punch her in the face, but of course I didn't, instead I just glared at her, with fury and anger. "Go away Chloe" Growled Izzy, "Don't you have someone else to terrorize?" Chloe ignored her, "They should put you in detention for being such a freak, you don't belong here" she continued with the same tone.

I began to clutch both of my fists. I really wanted to do something to get back at her, for everything she has done to me and my friends.

My powers, I thought, I could use them right now! Then I remembered from one of the videos I watched, apparently you can change the temperature, I saw a girl do it.

I shut my eyes tightly and imagined the air getting colder, Chloe laughed, but I ignored her. Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked at Chloe, who before was smirking, now was trembling, her skin looked pale, nothing like mine of course.

"Look at Chloe" Gwen teased, "Chloe's got a new shade!" Me, Gwen and Izzy laughed, as we noticed that all of Chloe's group now looked just like her.
Chloe, of course looked furious. "Your such a cold hearted freak!" She cried angrily, and she and her friends stormed off back to their table.

'How did that even happen?" Izzy asked as we continued eating our recess. "No idea."

After we finished eating, we walked around school and talked about who they we're going with to prom
Gwen was going with her boyfriend Jacob Anderson, he has short black hair and tanned skin, he reminds me of Jacob from Twilight. He and Gwen have been together for a year. Their really cute together.

Izzy was going out with Toby, a boy from one of her classes, he has short brown hair, green eyes and he wears thin black glasses, he's a real bookworm, I see him a lot in the library.

Apparently she has had a crush on him for a few months. She actually asked him to prom, and he said yes.
After some time, the bell rang and we both went to our classes, neither of them were in my next two classes, I didn't see them until lunchtime.

"So where should we get our dresses?" Gwen asked as we ate our lunch out on the bleachers. I shrugged, "I'm not sure," "I guess we'll just go around town and see" I said.

We continued eating our lunch and chatting about stuff until we got bored. I grabbed my phone and texted mum 'Me and friends going put after school." It took her a minute to reply, "Ok, be back by 7." I texted back: "Thanks mum."

Some time later, the bell went off, and we went back to our lockers, grabbed our stuff and headed to our final class, of course, kids we're looking at us, I could hear a few of the kids giggling and staring at me. I kept my head down as I rushed through the crowd.

Izzy and Gwen were in my last class, which was Science. That was probably the only good thing about it, Chloe and a few of her friends we're in class. She was going to make this class a nightmare!

Our teacher was Mr Dylan, he's young for a teacher, probably in his late 20s, he's from India.

"Good afternoon class" he said as he sat down at his desk. "Good afternoon Mr Dylan."

He then went on to talk about Chemistry and stuff, near the end of class, someone passed me a note, it had been folded up neatly. I quickly unfolded it, it read in big black capital letters: "IF I SEE YOU AT PROM, I WILL MAKE YOUR NIGHTMARE!"

Chloe. I knew it was her who wrote it, I looked over my shoulder, she was giving a large smirk, she made a gesture with her hand on her throat as if cutting it.

I turned my head back around and tried to pay attention. Of course I was going to prom, I wasn't going to cancel my date with Max just because of some lousy threat.

I was going to prom, and I wasn't going to let anyone stop me.

Author's Note: Thanks everyone for Reading Chapter 7 of Cold Hearted. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter. Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄