Chapter 14 A Stranger In The Night

I start to breath in and out deeply, There's a intruder in my home! There's a intruder in my home! It was scaring the crap out of me! My first thought was to back upstairs and warn Mum and Dad but I knew they might not be much help though.

Without thinking, I backed away and snuck into the kitchen where I grabbed one of the big pans from the kitchen as a weapon.

Yeah, I know that a pan is probably the worst weapon you could use but there was nothing else to grab. I wasn't going to go grab a butcher knife or something, that would make me look like a psychopath!

Slowly, I snuck back to the living room and hid near the wall. The intruder was still in there, looking for something. Slowly and quietly, I began walking towards him. It was then that I noticed he was holding something in his hand. It was so dark though that I couldn't make out what it was.

Just hit him across the head I thought repeatedly. Just when I was about a meter behind him, he turned around and he saw me. Then I screamed, making the intruder jump.

It was then I got a clear view of his face, even in the dark I could tell who it was. Scott.

What is he doing in my house? I thought. Before I could take a hit at him, he raised his hand, revealing what he was carrying the entire time. An empty beer bottle. Really? A beer bottle? I thought.

Without warning, he swung the empty bottle at me. Luckily, I used my pan as a shield. I could hear the glass bottle shattering as it hit the pan, shards from the bottle fell right at my feet.

Realizing that I was now dealing with a crazed lunatic, I ran out of the room. I could hear Scott's loud footsteps as he chased after me. He chased me up the stairs, I could tell that he was right behind me.

When I reached the top of the stairs, I sprinted to my room and slammed the door behind me. Quickly, I grabbed the chair near my desk and rested it against the door. Our house doesn't have any locks, only in the bathroom.

What am I going to do? I thought while my heart was racing at a hundred miles an hour. Suddenly, the doorknob begins to rattle violently.

He's trying to get in I thought worriedly. Then, I remember, my phone!

I look around and spit my phone on my bedside table, I quickly grab it and dial the police station. I breath in deeply as the phone begins to ring. Someone please pick up I thought.

"Police department, what is your problem?" says a male on the other end. "Hello, there is an intruder in my house" I said in almost a whimper, "And I think he's armed."

"Ok, just tell us your name and your address" she said. "Sonya Daves and my address is 34 Carven avenue" I say. "Ok, we'll be there in 10 minutes" the woman says and then she hangs up.

10 minutes I thought, can I really wait for 10 minutes? I thought.I looked over at the door, The chair wasn't going to hold for much longer I thought.

Quickly, I rushed over to the door and pushed at the door. I could hear Scott's grunting from the other side of the door. The door started to rattle more violent, like he was opening the door slightly.

"Help me!" I screamed, I glanced over to the window, I can get out that way I thought. I stopped pushing at the door and rushed off to the window.

Just as I was opening the window, I could the door swing open with a bang. Quickly, I crawled out the window and held on to the arch of the window.

I looked down from beneath me, there was a window I could climb onto, I knew that it lead to the bathroom. I looked back up, only to see Scott's face staring at me. I screamed as I let go of the arch, falling backwards, but not before using my powers on him, Without even trying, Frost began to climb on his hands. He cursed out very loudly as he winced in pain.

Luckily, I landed on a few bags of mulch that mum had left. She planned on putting the mulch in the backyard, however she never really had the time to.

I quickly got back on my feet and ran to the front yard where I saw 4 police cars parked near my house. Yes, there here I thought. I quickly ran over to them, a few of of the officers got out of their cars and ran up to me. "Are you Sonya Daves?" A man asked me. "Yes" I said nodding, still trying to catch my breath. "Please, my parents are still inside" I continue, pointing towards my house.

3 of the officers left, heading towards the front door while a female officer stayed with me. "Everything's gonna be alright" she said, placing her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her, she looked a bit concerned. But her expression faded away. A few minutes later, the 3 officer came out, Scott was with this who was now handcuffed, "I didn't do anything" he screamed, shaking around violently, a few more officer came and held him down as they walked him over to one of there cars. Then, I saw mum and dad coming out of the house.

"Mum, Dad!" I said happily as I ran up to them, giving them a hug. Mum hugged me back, tears filling her eyes, Dad jumped a bit but hugged me back. For a moment, I completely forgot about everything my dad had did to Mum, just for one moment, it felt like I was hugging my dad and not some bully. I felt so glad that they were both ok.

"Um... Excuse me mam" said a voice from behind us. I stopped hugging Mum and Dad and looked behind me. It was one of the officers. "But we need to take you to the station" He said, "For questioning." I nodded as Me, mum and Dad walked with the officer into his car.

After a 20 minute drive, We got to the police station. Just as he said, they put me in an interrogation room and asked me questions like "What were you doing at the time' or "Did you know the person" I told them everything that happened, well except me creating frost on Scott's hand of course.

They only questioned me for some reason, Although I saw the police talking to Mum and Dad. After they finished questioning us, they told us to wait n the sitting room for a bit. After an hour waiting, one of the police officers came back. "Well, your story is true" he said "The intruder's name is Scott Peterson."

'We found some drugs in his system" he continued, "He said though that someone put him up to it." My eyes widened. "Did he give a name?" I asked, he looked at me. "Says his girlfriend Chloe Thompson told him to do it."

Author's Note: Thanks you guys for reading Chapter 14 of Cold Hearted. If you enjoyed it, please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter. Also please go and check out my other stories to. Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day :)