Chapter 18 Here Comes Trouble

After we escaped Chloe's gang of friends, we ran all the way back to my house, we didn't think it was a good idea to stop until we knew we were far away from them.

"I think we lost them" I panted when we got to my house. Everyone was out of breath. "I think we lost them ages ago" Eliza said, trying to catch her breath.

We laughed as we went in. "Hey Mum, I'm Back! I called out, "Hello Dear" she called from the kitchen. The girls and I headed upstairs to my room.

"So, are you guys ok?" I asked Gwen and Izzy as we sat in my room. "Yeah, we're fine" Izzy said "They didn't do anything to us."

"How did you get captured by Chloe's gang anyway?" Eliza asked them. Gwen and Izzy frowned, "We both got an unknown message from someone during last session to meet at the back of school."

"We kept ignoring them" Continued Izzy, "Telling them to back off but they just kept messaging us, that's when we both decided to meet whoever was texting us."

"So I guess that's when they sprung on you two?" I asked, they said nothing but nod slightly.

"I can't believe them," Eliza said angrily, standing up from where she was sitting. "Kidnapping us and using us as hostage, who do they think they are?"

"A bunch of rich dolls and their gang of friends" I said bitterly. A few minutes after the words came out of my mouth,

Ding Dong!

The doorbell rang throughout the house. Everyone sat up, looking at each other. "Are you expecting anyone?" Gwen asked me. I shock my head, "No..."

Without saying anything, I got up and went downstairs. "Coming!" I called out as I approached the door. Maybe it 's Max, I thought, Perhaps he's come to meet up to talk about our plans for prom.

As I opened the door, I knew it wasn't Max.

Standing at the front door was a middle-age woman, she had a bob haircut and wrinkles across her forehead and cheeks.

She was well dress, wearing a black pencil skirt and a long sleeve silk top, along with some black high heels. I knew instantly who she was.

"Mrs Thompson?" I said surprised. "Good afternoon Sonya, I've just come to have a word with your mother " she said, giving me a fake shiny smile. "Sure" I said bluntly, "Mum!"

Mum came out of the kitchen and towards us, her brows went up when she saw Mrs Thompson. "Irene?" She said surprised. She was just as shocked to see her as me.

"Jane, your looking well" Mrs Thompson said, looking up and down at mum.

Mum frowned at her, "What can I do for you Irene?" she asked, crossing her arms. "I'd just like to have a cup of tea with you and perhaps we can discuss some thing with you" she said, her eyes slowly glancing at me.

I knew that this was my que to leave. "Well, I'll be upstairs if you need me" I say as make my way towards the stairs.

"Hold on Sonya!"

I stop in my tracks and turn around. "Why don't you join us" Mrs Thompson said, "That is if you aren't busy."

"Alright" I said. Me and Mrs Thompson went into the dining room while Mum went back into the kitchen to start making the tea.

They're was an uneasy silence between me and Mrs Thompson, of course I knew that they're would be. This was Chloe's mother after all.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Mum came in with tea. "Sorry I took so long" she said as she passed our tea to us.

"Thank you" Mrs Thompson said as she grabbed her cup.

"So what did you come here to discuss?" Mum asked after we all took a few sips from our tea. Mrs Thompson placed her tea down. "It's about my daughter."

I gulped, this is not good. I looked at mum, she looked firm. "What about her?" she asked.

"Well as you know, the whole town had heard about you daughter's "attack" and how that she had put up her boyfriend" she said air quoting attack.

"I don't see where this is going" I said coldly, Mrs Thompson looked at me and frowned even more, if was possible that is.

"Having my daughter being questioned by the police has tarnished our family's reputation" she said looking back at mum "Couldn't you imagine what it would do to my husband's business?"

"Just get to the point!" I said angrily. She looked at me, only this time her frown was replaced with a scowl. "All I ask of you is that you tell the police that you made the story up!" Mrs Thompson snapped.

"No" Mum said firmly, Mrs Thompson looked at her harshly. "Excuse me?" She said, looking offended. "You heard me Irene" Mum said crossing her arms, "Do I need to say it again?"

Irene or Mrs Thompson looked furious, she got up from her seat. "Alright Jane" she said narrowing her eyes at us "Do whatever you like."

Without warning, she threw her cup of tea onto the ground, smashing it into pieces. Mum looked horrified. "Go to hell!" I blurted out angrily. "Sonya!" mum said, shocked by my actions.

Mrs Thompson took one last glance at us and left the dinning room.

I heard the girls who I had completely forgot about walk down the stairs to see what was the matter.

We all watched as Mrs Thompson left my house, got into her car and drove off.

A war was about to begin.

Author's Note: Thanks you guys for reading Chapter 18 of Cold Hearted. If you enjoyed, please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter. Chapters will come out every Saturday.

Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄