Chapter 27 Prom Night Comes

What woke me up the next morning was the beginning of dawn. At first, I squinted my eyes tightly, but eventually my eyes adjusted to the brightness and I slowly opened my eyes.

Still feeling tired, my eyes glanced over to the closet where my prom dress was hanging. And to think I'll be wearing that by the end of the day I thought as I sat up from my bed. Then, I got out of bed and went downstairs to have breakfast.

To my surprise, I found Dad in the kitchen making coffee. "Hey dad" I said in a groggy voice, He jumped a bit and looked at me, "Oh hey Sonya" he said "I didn't know you were up this early." "Early?" I said, looking up to the clock above the stove, it was nearly 7 o'clock.

"Oh I see" I said looking at him. "So, I'll be off" I continued as I was about to leave the kitchen when, "I wanna meet him." I stopped and turned to him, "What? Meet who?" I asked him, he suddenly smiled "The boy who's taking you to prom, I wanna meet him before you leave."

"Ooh" I said "He's picking me up at 7." He smiled as he took his coffee cup from the coffee machine. "I can't wait to meet him" he said as he walked out of the kitchen with his coffee.

After he left, I made myself some toast and ate in the dinning room with dad. Who would of thought that Dad would actually ate breakfast with me I thought as I ate, And to think two weeks ago, dad wouldn't even talk to me!

After I finished eating, I went upstairs and got changed into a blue T-shirt and some green shorts. Then, I went back downstairs and went to the living room. What am I going to do? I thought as I walked over and sat on the sofa, Prom isn't till later today.

I grabbed the remote and switched the TV on, the news was on. Might as well watch I thought as I placed the remote next to me and listened.

"The investigation continues into what sparked a fire to spread in the town of Alberworth earlier in February" the reporter said "Fire investigators have found no evidence that this was deliberately lit."

"The fire had destroyed a couple of dozen fires, luckily no one was hurt in the fire" the reporter continued. I quickly grabbed the remote and switched channels, I wasn't really that interested in it. When I couldn't find anything to watch, I turned the TV off and sat there for a bit. What do I do?

~TIMESKIP~

This is so relaxing I thought, I was currently sitting in my bathtub enjoying myself. Only 4 more hours I thought as I began to sit up. I grabbed one of the conditioners I bought the other day and began to apply it to my hair.

I better get out soon I thought as I looked at the clock in the bathroom. It read 3:53. Quickly, I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, then I hopped out of the tub and put my dressing gown on

Then I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my head and left the bathroom. I quickly rushed upstairs to my room and shut the door behind me. Then carefully, I put my prom dress on; it fitted perfectly.

Then, I carefully rushed back to the bathroom and started putting my make up on. When I was putting on my lipstick on, I called out to Mum to help me.

"You look beautiful" Mum said as she applied my makeup on, I smiled warmly. When she was done, she got up and left the bathroom. I quickly took my towel off from my hair and began to blow dry it.

After that was done I quickly brushed through my hair, then I grabbed my hair dryer and let it dry my hair. I wonder what time it is now? I thought as I looked at the clock once again, it read 4:20.

After I finished drying my hair, I grabbed the hair rollers and put them in my hair I looked at the clock once again, Just gotta wait another hour.

1 hour later...

After an hour of waiting, I took the hair rollers out and went into the bathroom to look in the mirror, the lower ends of my hair were curly. I'm pretty much done I thought as I left the bathroom and went upstairs.

When I got there, I went over to the closet and grabbed a plastic bag, a few days before, I had bought a sky blue wrap To wear to prom, along with a light blue bag to match

When I got there, I went over to the closet and grabbed a plastic bag, a few days before, I had bought a sky blue wrap To wear to prom, along with a light blue bag to match. I wrapped the sky blue wrap and wrapped it around my bare shoulders and put some grey slip on heels.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I could barely recognize myself. From the reflection, I could see Mum standing in the door archway looking at me. I quickly turned around. "What do you think?" I asked her, she slowly walked up to me, she looked speechless.

"Your so beautiful" she said as she wrapped her arms around me into a hug. I hugged her back, "Thank you" I said in a whisper.

2 hours later...

I paced around my bedroom quickly, It was almost time for Max to come and pick me up and I was started to get anxious. Breath in, breath out I thought as I tried to make myself calm.

I went over to my bedroom window, hoping that I might be able to see his car park in front of the house. When I pushed the curtains back and looked out the window, I saw a sleek black car just parking at the front of the house. He's here.

Quickly, I grabbed my bag blue bag and waited for the door bell to ring. Any minute now I thought. Ding dong! The noise made me jump as I quickly rushed off out of my room and hurried downstairs. When I saw the front door at reach, I stopped when I saw Dad standing in the way.

"You better take good care of her" I heard him say, slowly I started to approach him. When I was at least a meter or so away, he stopped talking and turned around.He had been talking to Max, Who was wearing a black suit with a rose bud on his jacket.

Dad moved away as Max finally saw me, he looked at me lost for worlds. "Hey" I said shyly as I walked over to him, I could see Dad walk away to give us a bit of time to ourselves, "You look beautiful" He said smoothly. I could feel my face start to feel hot.

"Shall we go?" he asked, motioning to the car. I looked at him and smiled "Yeah sure." Just before we left Max called "I'll have her back by 11" and then we both headed for the car.

Little did I know that Tonight's prom would have a bigger impact that I could never imagine.

Author's Note: Thanks everyone for reading Chapter 27 of Cold Hearted, I hope you guys enjoyed. If you did please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter. Updates come every Saturday. Also, I do not own the video, all rights go to their rightful owners

Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄